“Convenient, economical small hotel in Paris.”

Hotel Tourisme Avenue
Ranked #172 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We picked this hotel on a recommendation. The small staff is very friendly. The rooms are modest. The facility is clean. Within 100 feet of the front door there are:
>> 3 subway lines.
>> a taxi stand.
>> a Starbucks as well as several food shopping venues, as well as cages.
>> a launderette.
>> a supermarket that carries a modest assortment of Kasher foods.
>> and within 15 - 20 minute walk 2 synagogues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
jpshotel, Responsable réception at Hotel Tourisme Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you to have posted such a good report about our hotel.

Our hotel is ideally desserved with its 3 metro lines ( 6, 8 and 10 ), and with the bus lines.

In addition, the area offers a lot of "brasseries" and restaurants for all types of food.

We will be happy to welcome you again

Valérie, Fanny and Nicolas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful fine last week. Oct 10-15th, 2013. (5nights)
I would have to say, the location is perfect near the Eiffel Tower, Subway located under the hotel. Great Cafe's, coffee shops, shopping and wonderful restaurants right in the area. Staff was friendly an willing to assist with reservations, or any other needs that you ask for. Request a room facing the courtyard (very quite) The room an bedding was very comfortable, very Euro like IEKA furnishing . We had a bath tub and shower, heated towel rack, warm the bathroom up for comfort.
As a travel agent I look for special items or bring them with me in my travels. euro plug for outlet an added outlet for your electronics. I always bring a night light, once the lights go out, you have no idea where the bathroom is located at night.
You will enjoy your evening walk to the Eiffel Tower and knowing your room after days of walking is nearby.
I hope to return again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is fabulous.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christine W

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank for your positive review !

We try to do our best to satisfy our customers and we are happy it worked!

You are totally right, we have the chance to be located in a nice area, close by the Eiffel Tower, and it is very easy to reach all attractions of Paris by bus, metro and even by walk.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in October, 2013 as a couple in our late twenties from Australia.

Location to sites - the top of Champ de Mars is 1 min stroll away and the Eiffel Tower is about 5minutes. The hop on hop off bus tours leave from Champ de Mars and the Eiffel which makes it easy to get to other sites such as the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and the Louve. The Metro below the hotel also allows you to hop onto Line 10 and go to Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter with ease.

Public transport - There is La Motte - Grenelle Metro situated below hotel and across the road is a ticket booth with staff to assist you in helping you get the right metro line. There is also the ticket machines. Bus stop out the front of the hotel as well as a taxi rank.

Hotel staff - very informative. We were constantly asking how to get places and they were more than happy to help. When we needed to print off our pre booked Eiffel Tower tickets they let us do so off their printer.

Area - great location for the sites, public transport, restaurants, cafes, clothing stores and laundromat all within a few metres.

Hotel room - basic but what you expect for Europe. Our room on level two (has a lift) could go with some touching up in the bed area. The bathroom was renovated and nice. Tv was a decent size with a couple of English speaking news channels. Full length mirror near a full length cupboard. Desk and chair. However we were disappointed as the AC didn't work. So it got quite warm at times and often too cold outside to have the window open. No iron, no kettle. Numerous power points. Hair dryer. Renovation taking place during the day in the hotel didn't disturb us. Free Wifi

We would recommend the place to others as it is convenient for site seeing and eating out. We would mention with our recommendation that some rooms are starting to look a little old but their ok. We did see some room doors open and some rooms do appear to be nicely renovated recently.

Overall the hotel has served it's purpose - comfortable bed, somewhere to keep our belongings and ideal location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you to have chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris

We are very lucky to have an hotel with such a good location , on the left bank of the Seine River, near the most visited monument of Paris : the Eiffel Tower!

We are pleased you've liked the reception satff , they do their best to make your stay pleasant and unforgettable !

As you may know, rooms are quite small in Paris, 50% of our rooms have been renovated.

Is it possible to ask an iron, but it is forbidden to use it in the room ( security problems), you have a machin downstairs you can use for coffee.

It will be pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Valérie, Fanny And Nicolas

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I should have written this review long ago...
I need to start with a funny story. In June 2003 I went to Paris for the first time with my high school French teacher and some classmates. Our hotel was basic, but the best part was being literally a couple blocks from the Eiffel Tower. Fast forward 9 years later, and I finally return to Paris with my sister for Spring Break. We had booked the hotel online and had selected this hotel because of its cheap price and positive reviews about how close it was to the Eiffel Tower. As we came out of the Metro station, I turned to her and said, "Oh my gosh, I think I know where we are." We looked across the street and there was our hotel... the same one I had stayed in 9 years before.

You cannot beat the location of this hotel. It is just 2 blocks from the Eiffel Tower in a safe area of the city with a Metro station right across the street and a Starbucks next door. The price is very reasonable. The rooms are decent - your standard European hotel rooms, which to Americans seem kind of dumpy, but they're really decent. For exploring the city, you can't find a cheaper, better location. And as I remember, there was free Internet.

Hopefully the next time I return to Paris, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: There were some renovations going on when we were there that were kind of noisy. Hopefully those ar...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello,

Thank you to have taken the time to write a comment on tripadvisor !

We are very happy you've booked twice our hôtel after 9 years !

The location is really perfect , in a wealthy area with lots of restaurants around .

We propose many types of rooms from the classic ones to the family suite at reasonable prices and all the facilities ( free wifi access , air conditioning and flat TV screen

We hope to welcome you again,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights. We stayed in what the hotel refers to as a "family suite". The room provided one proper bed for two people and two cots. My sister and I slept on the cots which were uncomfortable. We didn't have a renovated room, so our room was not very nice. Apart from it looking extremely dated, it also smelled musty and had a lot of stains on the carpet. The blankets on the bed were extremely tattered.

The ceilings in the bathroom were dirty/moldy and the panels seemed to be falling out. There was a problem with the ventilation system in the room so that air only blew out from one of the air vents, which meant part of the room was cold and the other side felt very warm.

However, the biggest turn off was the sign in our room that said that we were not allowed to have any food in the hotel room. This is the first time I've ever stayed at a hotel that had a rule against people having food in their room. I really think the hotel needs to rethink their "no food in the room" policy or clearly state this prohibition when a person books a room. Had we known about this policy we would have booked a room at another hotel because one of my family members has medication that has to be taken before bed with food to reduce the side effects.

Our interaction with hotel staff was limited, they were neither overly friendly or cold, just average.

On the plus side, the hotel did have a good location near the Eiffel Tour and they are doing renovations, which I assume will rectify the smells and mold that we experienced in our room. However, the "no food" rule is a show-stopper for me and my family. Seeing as though I've been to Paris before, and stayed at other hotels in the area and didn't have any of the issues I experienced at Hotel Tourisme, I think I will pass on this hotel in the future if I ever go back to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ARo-13
ALAIN F, Gérant at Hotel Tourisme Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We have read your critics with attention.

We apologise for the lack of cleanliness you found in your room. This is clearly deceptive for us as we try to reach a very high standard of cleanliness.

We are sorry also for not having well communicated with you as for you took for a demand our note wishing not to bring food in your room. In fact the meaning of our note was “please if you bring food pay attention to keep clean your room for hygienic purpose ”.
As your certainly noticed there was a mini-fridge in your room and we are going to equip our premium and suite room with a mini-fridge and a welcome tray. So it would be totally inconsistent to prevent clients from using it.

The critics of our customers help us to improve our services and we do pay attention to their remarks, but a mark of 1 out of 5 has a tremendous effect on our rank on tripadvisor and we think we do not deserve such a negative opinion.

Our focus on our renovation may have punctually prevented us from granting our client the service they have the right to claim, but we are sure that if you ever come back in our hotel you will completely change your opinion as we are aiming a high level of services for our hotel’s category

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at Tourisme Hotel for 3 nights in late Sept 2013. Easy to get to, easy to find, and located right across from a metro station that goes pretty much anywhere. A very close walk to Eiffel Tower. We arrived way before check in time, but the front desk allowed us to lock our bags up in a luggage hold so we could venture out without them. Nice service, for sure. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but it didn't affect our room or our stay. Our room was nice and clean. Bathroom is roomier than the one we had in London - my husband was able to turn actually around in the shower.
The reasona for a 3 instead of a 4 are two items: One is that, while the location is convenient to metro, the Eiffel Tower, and several restaurants, we found the area surrounding the hotel to be dirty. Also, the restaurants are all sit down, pricey places. We wanted some cheaper, on the go options and had trouble finding them. Not really the hotel's fault, though.
Also, a big thing for us when looking for hotels, since i'm pregnant and my husband is hot natured, was Air Conditioning. The first night, the fan in our room would blow, but not cold air. by the next day we couldn't get anything to work on the AC. When my husband called to get help, he was told "sorry, open a window." They eventually told us the whole AC unit was down, and we were forced to sleep with the window open. It was cool enough with the window, unfortunately, with all the bars and restaurants, there was loud noise all night long. We didn't sleep well any of our nights due to noise, or it being too warm.
In conclusion, the hotel has transportation near by, a helpful staff, was affordable and roomy by European standards, and was clean, comfortable and quiet within it's walls. Had the AC been working so we could close the windows, we would probably have given another star.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
jpshotel, Responsable réception at Hotel Tourisme Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you to have choosen our hotel for your stay in Paris.

We thank you for all the positive things you wrote about our establishment. We are happy you enjoyed the location, the room and the staff.

However, we apologize about the trouble you had with the air conditionning.

At the period of the year, the weather changes very fast, and the air conditionning system was switched on ' hot air ' and not on 'cold air '.

That explains why it was impossible for you to get fresh air.

The person in charge of the front desk was an extra and she didn't know how it works.

We hope you will come back and you will change your mind.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is right across the street from a Metro Station and an easy walk to the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides. We found the staff extremely helpful. We had forgotten to print out the voucher for paying our bill. They took us to our room, gave us a local map, and said to just email the voucher to them later that night using the free WiFi in the room. The room was small but entirely adequate for us. We had read poor reviews of breakfast but we thought it was excellent--juice, fresh fruit, fruit cup, cereals, assortment of breads, meat, and cheese as well as hot water for boiling your own eggs, all for 9 Euros each.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple