“Only if you want to taste Mold for a week.”
Review of Hotel Aviatic

Hotel Aviatic
Ranked #1,649 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Don't do it, Just pass this place right up. The worst two moderately experienced travelers have ever seen. Early April 2013 we stayed in the corner courtyard room. The stains on the walls and ceiling set the tone here. The entire place stank of mold, so much so that we doubted we could even use the room as a place to lay our heads. The black mold in the bathroom was considerable even though it had been painted over multiple times. The shower was broken and you had to sit on your knees to rinse your hair. The shower door came off in my hands. Forget about asking for an extra blanket on a chilly night - He tried to hand me a dirty one - good think I peeked into the laundry room after him.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ginger_109

Reviewed May 30, 2013

There are at least two hotels with the same name in Paris - how is it possible? Mine decision was to get a hotel for three nights, near to tube station, on metro line 4, near to Montrouge, not too expensive. And, free Internet, of course. All that I got in Hotel Aviatic, Rue Brezin, Paris. I would make the highest rating because a hotel chosen satisfied the most of my wishes.
But, this hotel could be the worst decision for someone who likes not very small room, toilettes where you can sit and move, soap in the bathroom (!), access to Internet on arrival, not dirty towels, normal check out... etc etc...

Room Tip: Rooms from the courtyard are noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in a double room for 2 nights in April. Our room was literally falling apart. Only the tv and tea kettle worked fine. The lock on the front door was broken, the pillows had previous guests' hairs, the shower and toilet ran... On the positive side, the guy at reception (when it was open, which isn't very often) was personable and had the door fixed the same day. The location is perfect for escaping this dive: minutes away from the Metro and the bus/train for Orly/CDG.

Room Tip: If you find one, I'd like to know.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank goonergal69
Reviewed April 16, 2013

if your expectations are: standard "camping site at lake": OK

+: good location, once you have the key: independence
-: damp room, moldy pillows, wall paper coming down, thick mold in shower, TV: useless because standing on shelf in height you cannot see the picture(because flat screen), only french program. Booking number, sure name not usable on computer at entrance (should deliver the key). Need good luck that somebody is there to help you! Reception not opened before 9:15, other times: see note on entrance door (wrong information on homepage about receipticheck in times).

Man kann die Bewertung von 2011: feucht, schimmelig, durchgerittene Matratzen etc. beibehalten. Die Besitzer dürfte eine ungünstige Beurteilung unbeindruckt lassen...
Wer die Erwartung sehr niedrig legt und kein Problem mit Schimmel etc. hat: zentrale Lage des Hotels ist positiv. Wichtig: einchecken zwischen 9:30-12 (zumindest wie ich 2013 dort war). Der Computer kennt keinen Familiennamen oder gar eine Buchungsbestätigungsnummer. Ich musste fast "raufen" um - trotz Bestätigung auf meinem Handy und e-mail Bestätigung - eingelassen zu werden.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Worldtravel20132014
Reviewed March 4, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL AVIATIC. You know a place is bad when they have the phone number of the local pest control posted on the bedroom wall. We are all students and are therefore used to staying in questionable places (I am not picky and would recommend any of the other six places we stayed), but this just seemed plain dangerous. The one good thing I can say about the hotel is that it has a decent location as it is close to a metro station (although most things are in Paris). However, the two rooms we were assigned had black mould that you could SMELL all down the walls. I was honestly afraid of developing some sort of infection during our one night there. The phone did not work, the beadspreads were torn, and the towels had crusty stains on them as well as being damp (it didn't even seem as if they'd been washed). The shower had two bottles of shampoo in it because one was empty; housekeeping had clearly noticed the empty bottle but failed to remove it! The shower had black mould that was even worse than that on the walls and the toilet barely flushed. The bathroom smelled stongly of urine. I saw housekeeping going though in the late afternoon and noticed that they had left a pile of "clean" and folded bedsheets right on the grungy floor of a hallway! We would not have stayed, despite the fact that they had made us pay upfront before seeing the rooms (we soon discovered why!), if we had not been so worn out. As it was, we slept in our clothes and did not dare to shower. To make it even worse, the hotel is not cheap, even before the national tax is added. The man at the front desk looked sad and apologetic as we checked out in the morning. This place deserves to be condemned by safety inspectors.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eli_and_Elizabeth
Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are two Hotels Aviatic in Paris. This is a review of the one on Rue Brezin, in the 14th Arrondissement.
My traveling companion arrived before I did and detected a smell of sewage about the building. I did not share her experience, but the rooms were small (even by Paris standards), and shabby.
I don't ask much of a Paris hotel (for me it's only a place to sleep and bathe) but this was one of the worst hotels I have stayed at in my 20+ visits.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank senorcinco
Reviewed February 25, 2013

All members of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Very clean & cozy bedroom & bathroom. They even accomodated an earlier breakfast for us for our very early flight!

Two thumbs UP!