“Location excellent for Gare du nord. Hotel hmmmm.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Saint Quentin
Ranked #1,728 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times purely because it is only minutes from arriving at Gare du nord by rer from the airport or Eurostar.
I only stay there when travelling alone. It is not a place for a romantic Paris visit.
The exterior and public areas have received a bit of a face lift (much needed). The rooms are. Adequate.
Don't bother paying extra for breakfast. You can do much better and cheaper in the numerous bars and restaurants around the station.

On my last visit when I returned to the hotel late night, the guy on reception told me that the rer was not running the next morning and that I would be unable to get to CDG airport in time. He offered an expensive private transfer as an alternative. I declined and no problem with rer at all !
That is how a regular client is treated. I leave you to work out how someone unknown is looked after.
I will stay there again because of its location. I think I could do better for the money even in Paris.
I would and have recommended this hotel to colleagues and friends but always with the proviso of not too expect too much.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank scagway

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Got flight cancelled at night. Called him first and he said 104euro/nite. So I said 2 nites for 208, right? I pronounced two-o-eight. No way to miscommunicate. When getting to the hotel at 2AM, he said "You have to pay cash coz the machine broke. The price is 160euro/nite. If you don't agree you can find another hotel. I'm sure they're all full".

Wow, first time in my life to face this kind of situation. We refused and walked around for an hour until we find a hotel with available room. If you know how's it like in Gare du Nord area at nite, you'll understand me.

Pls don't go to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lousifers
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Noisy all night. Paper thin walls. Tiny room. Reminds me of some of the places I stayed in Africa as a student. Rubbish unless you're too skint or drunk to care.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Suprised to pay cash, not credit card (because taxes!), do not hesitate to ask a receipt. I supposed the hotel is managed by North African people. Well located, near Gare du Nord, the room (1st floor) on the cour intérieure was ok. Clean but need renew. Reception desk was not very friendly or helpfull. Bathroom=clean, shower ok. Breakfast (jam,. butter, croissants, baguette, café & thé) served until 10am, the reception called us at 9h30am as reminder!! In resume, I'm sure that you can find a better place in Paris for same budget.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moshimoshiexperience
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Oh dear, I dont really know where to start.......
EURO140 for an absolute disgrace of a hotel room.
We booked this hotel as we were desperate, it was the Rugby World Cup final night and this was all we could get.
We checked in with no problem.
The room on initital look was ok, a double bed, a single bed and a TINY desk, television (no remote control) and phone.
The we looked a bit more............
The bathroon was HORRIFIC-it was TINY and dirty, the towels were SHOCKING, FILTHY dirty and full of HOLES-I will add the picture up of the towel later-it was horrific.
The floor was filthy, the sheet on the bed was so thin we were cold all night the bed was really uncomfortable and small. The sheets were full of holes and cigarette burns.
You could hear everyone else moving and showering and going to the toliet! And the room was absolutely freezing.
However, we did have hot water!
Also, we had a problem when they told us we hadnt paid enough money when we got back. My husband showed them our receipt to prove that we had.
At 1am (!) they phoned our room and asked him to go down and sort it out! Thankfully, after living in Paris, he is fluent in French so sorted it out-it turned out that they had got our reservation mixed up with another........
This hotel is very close to Gare du Nord, and it did have hot running water-that is all it had going for it.
I have never stayed in such a dump, and if I could have given this hotel 0/5, I would have done.
Pease dont waste your money by staying in this appalling hovel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank HelenSMLondon
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Strong sigaret's smell in the room.
One pillow for 2 person in dowble room.
Noise from the street.
One electric socket near the ceiling.
Bathroom size 0.5X1.5.
No internet.
You can get much more better conditions for the same price

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 1pukpuk1
Reviewed September 16, 2006

Hotel Saint Quentin is budget hotel. One night in double bed room with shower without breakfast is for 75,- EUR. Breakfast is for 5,- EUR/person. Hotel is near station Gare du Nord and not far from center. Around hotel is many oportunity for diferent fast food and bageterie.
Room is small but shower is smaller. It si litle bit terible for me to get in shower through cca 25 cm manhole (Ok I'm not slim but ...).
Hotel is noisy because near is building on reconstruction, bike park and hospital = ambulance cars.
Furniture is old and room doesnt look like clean even is every day changed towels, made bed and empty trash bin.
Some rooms haven't shower and wc.
If I'll go to Paris next time I'll try to find other hotel.
I recomedned this hotel for undemanding travelers.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family