Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $42.56
from $233.81
from $136.89
1,173 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

This museum, slightly off the main Rue de Rivoli is mostly well done. I say mostly because many of the photos are displayed too high to see. The descriptions are in French and English so that's a good thing for us Yanks, but it was difficult to see everything.
Admission is free. There was also a temporary exhibit on Comic Books and the Holocaust - an unlikely pairing. It was interesting to see but there were no English translations so we couldn't get the full impact or humor.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank 940loisl
Reviewed September 1, 2017

I make a point of visiting holocaust memorials where ever I visit. I have seen quite a few. this one left me wanting more. Considering the history of Jews in France and how the French treated the Jews in WWII there was very little shown. The Vel' d'Hiv Roundup and mass arrest of Jews in Paris was not mentioned.
All the display cards were in French.

1  Thank stefanl656
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Visited from Israel.
Disappointed to realise everything is in French, with no subtitles or alternatives for others to understand the story and context.
Would have expected at least an English version of some of the things.

1  Thank Boaz Y
Reviewed August 20, 2017

As with other Holocaust Memorials this one provides the atmosphere conducive to reflecting on the horror of the Nazi's relentless effort to exterminate the Jews. What is unique here is the exhibit of the comics portrayal of the story. It was easy to understand the controversy, the debating points both for and against this media as a way to relate the message. Thoughtfully done. Impressive. A real learning experience. The staff were most obliging to answer questions.

4  Thank David W
Reviewed August 19, 2017

When I saw this on my map, I was expecting a memorial plaque or statue. WRONG AGAIN! This is one of the best Holocaust displays I have seen. The outside stone work and wall listing all of the citizens murdered by the Nazis is a prelude to the information and history shown inside. I though that this would be a 15 minute visit, We were here for 2 hours! The documentation, photos etc are spectacular. Especially i these days, this should be a must visit by all

1  Thank Philpoo