Hotel D'albion
  • Restaurant
$274
$227
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmetro stationset you up for the daytour de francedes champswithin walking distancesmall hotelsrecommend this hotelensuite bathroomstayed here for nightscharming hotelenjoyable staybig roommin walknice bathroomexcellent locationparis hoteleiffel tower
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my wife on our first visit to Paris in early April, we arrived on an early flight and arrived at the hotel at 10.30 approx to find to our delight that our room was ready. Because we had advised a couple of days earlier that we would be arriving early the owner went to the trouble of having our room ready. Very centerally located within walking distance of all amenities, very knowledgeable and friendly staff, we would certainly return again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank woodlawn27
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Paris Marathon and the hotel was less than 10 walk to the start. The area is quiet and not as many food options as many restaurants are closed on the weekend. There is a small convenience store next door if you need water and snacks.

The woman at the front desk was very accommodating and allowed me to have a late checkout after the marathon. She was nice enough to allow me to shower and get cleaned. I was very appreciative and will recommend this place to other runners. Good location and friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank gingerita1
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Staff was excellent, rooms very comfortable and cozy. Excellent charm exudes from this little gem of a hotel! Much better than the big chains I must say! Continental breakfast was excellent as well. Located in a very convenient area, walked to the Eiffel Tower easily and everything else!

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent in my opinion .
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank thedude814
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed here before, and given this hotel a favorable review, but as I just re-visited Paris and stayed here, I was unimpressed this time.

Here's why: the WiFi is painfully slow and I couldn't load any pages on my computer or send work emails; the woman at the front desk is grumpy and surly; the beds are hard and the pillows are flat; the carpeting is filthy and in desperate need of being replaced; housekeeping woke me up at 7:30 am without even knocking.

Furthermore, the hotel is really not all that cheap... the only thing it has going for it is the great location near Madeleine. I do not think I'll be back next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank FromNYCtoTheWorld
Loti-Albion, Propriétaire at Hotel D'albion, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Very sorry to read your negative comments. We deeply regret you didn't have a better 1 night stay.We wish we had your comments upon your departure.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April, 2013. This hotel offers the very basic amenities at a price that is not very cheap. Situated in a quiet neighbourhood in the administrative district 8, while it is not in a busy commercial place, the most famous street Avenue Champs-Elysees is within walking distance. Several attractions viz. Arc de Triomphe, Grand Palais, Place de la Concorde etc. can be visited on foot by one who is used to a bit of walking. The metro station Miromesnil is just a few minutes walk from this hotel providing easy access to many parts of the city by Metro. The room that I stayed in appeared to have been "additionally created" by taking some space from under a staircase and was indeed very small. And I could hear the conversation, sounds and noises in the room adjacent to mine. There was no shower curtain in the bathroom, and I had to crouch in the bathtub with the handshower to take a bath so as not to flood the floor, which was extremely inconvenient. I couldn't have a proper bath during my stay. The unexciting breakfast was absolutely the same every morning - baguette, croissant, apple puree, cheese, butter, jam, coffee. While checking out, they charged 10 Euros more per night and I had to spend a long time explaining and referring to the mail they sent to me confirming the tariff.
I was not impressed.

Room Tip: Don't have any tip as probably from every room one can hear what is happening in the adjacent room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travellalone

Deeply sorry to read your negative comments. We thought we had done eveything possible to meet your requirements for the cheapest single room and for your first time in Paris. I do remember talking with you during your stay, and things didn't seem that negative at this point. Too bad, maybe we could have done something then.