“New Discovery in Paris”

Hotel Gabriel Paris
Ranked #278 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I rarely write reviews but I wanted to share my experience at Hôtel Gabriel Paris Marais from Dec. 27/2012. I stayed there because the hotels I usually stay at were all booked. It is a little out of the way but that turned out to be one of the best things about it. The hotel is quiet, modern and very clean with large rooms. Breakfast included and until 11AM. Within a 2 block area there is a bakery, grocery store (open till 11PM) florist, bread shop, wine shop and a fabulous restaurant, La Pharmacie that was delicious. It is between Metro stops Oberkampf and Republic. Lots of Velib bicycles. It is a nice neighborhood place. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RogerSC02
juliengabriel, Responsable réception at Hotel Gabriel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good comments and rating.

We are delighted to hear that Hotel Gabriel Paris was a good surprise to you and that you fully enjoyed your experience !

We look forward to welcoming you another time soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Gabriel Paris

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had been to this hotel last fall. I was expecting something different from photos as I usually face when I select hotels online... But this hotel was looking as amazing as it is presented in the photos. Minimal modern design makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. I did not have anything in restaurant or bar but I liked my stay in hotel. My room was smelling nice, comfy bed and nice lit. The area is in the heart of town so you can get to Republic train station in minutes. The only drawback was that the room was small and hotel was not that big as you usually expect four or five star hotels but to me it was fine...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to share your impressions after your stayed at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

We were delighted to welcome you and thank you for your good rating !

As we offer diffrerent room categories and sizes, please feel free to contact us to have the most accurate advice about which room would best suit your needs for your next booking.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon !

Reviewed December 28, 2012

So let's be clear about this hotel. The experience you have will depend on your expectations. If you haven't paid a lot of money for the room, you just need a place to sleep, you don't care about being far from the action then this is a pretty good deal. If you think you've found a chic, design hotel that's just waiting to be discovered, i believe you'll be happier elsewhere.

First, forget the Marais in the name. This is nowhere near the Marais. It's at least a 15 minute walk. Second, make sure you ask someone what size the room is, because they can be almost illegally small. Mine was so small that i had attacks of vertigo and claustrophobia - neither have ever happened to me - and was about to pay 259 euro (on top of what ihad paid) to go to the hotel across the street when they decided to give me the handicap room on the main floor practically in the dining room (for a supplement). I was able to transfer my stuff after waiting for 15 minutes for the elevator fron the first floor. The housekeeper kept going up and down from different floors and shrugging her shoulders at me. Also please note if you are handicapped this room has no hairdryer, no hangers, no alarm clock, and one shower will flood the room for the rest of your stay. The bathrooms in all of ghe rooms have a flat shower tile so water leaks out into the bathroom and you end up having to

Is the hotel all new? Yes. Is it clean? Yes. Does it have a good design aesthetic? Yes. Is breakfast included? Yes. Are the rooms cheap? I hope so, otherwise not worth it. Are these rooms accurately portrayed on the site? Not so much. If you're looking for a relaxing hotel in Paris for your vacation, I would suggest you go elsewhere. If you're looking for a good budget solution and your alternative was a hostel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ekf74

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to write a comment after staying with us.

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Hotel Gabriel Paris.

The details about our rooms – including their sizes - are available on our website and the websites of our distribution partners alike. However, as we understood your disappointment, we did our best to offer another room. Since we were fully booked during your stay, we could only offer the room on the main floor with an extra cost because it’s in another category than the room you had booked. You decided to move and pay this extra cost after you saw the room.

We are also sorry to hear that the lift was not available at the moment you needed it. Please note that Reception is available 24/7. Our team is always eager to assist our guests with their requests. Had you contacted us about it, we would have been delighted to arrange immediate assistance with your luggage.

Finally and should you reconsider your position, we will be delighted to welcome you again soon so that you will be able to enjoy a real Gabriel experience.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Yes this hotel is styled or stylish if you want and honestly I liked it but I didn't love it, it was too "clinic" for me.
What I loved was the neighbourhood full of cafes and restaurants and shops, it was close to the subway (in Paris this is easy) and the staff was polite and helpful.
The breakfast was nice, all organic, but I'm not crazy about organic food.
I didn't choose the hotel, my husband did and we had a great stay, the hotel is quite good but it's not my style.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A very 'boutique' feel with a pod bathroom where the Walls light up. The room we had was small, but very well planned, TV set into the wall etc. On a quiet side street, but easy walking either into the city or to the Metro.
The reception staff were very welcoming & helpful.
The only frustration comes at breakfast, a lady in charge who smiles a lot & is keen, but communication seemed an issue & a few people simply gave up on breakfast because the space is very limited.
Don't let it put you off though, this is quite a find.

Room Tip: Overlooking the street was fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

As the title says "I loved this hotel" it was in a brilliant location as it was only a few minutes walk from Republique train station which is very handy to manoeuvre around Paris.

The hotel is on a quiet side street and simply looks beautiful lit up on a night time. Check in was very quick and the staff made us feel at home. The hotel itself was very small as was the room but the decor and furnishing in the room made up for that as it was super modern and contemporary which is hard to come by in such a traditional city. I booked the standard double room and can confidently say it was worth every penny due to its modern vibe, top quality amenities such as the tv that is hidden behind a mirror, free wii throughout and we were even given complimentary champagne which went down well.

All in all the hotel is perfectly located in Paris, set in a typical beautiful Parisian building with top quality friendly staff and is certainly value for money. I WILL be returning to the Hotel Gabriel Pais Maris.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here two nights and would definitely return. Staff were helpful and friendly, room was well decorated with comfortable bed and high quality toiletries in the bathroom, breakfast was added bonus and great location with quick and direct link to Gare du Nord.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo