“Never gonna go back there”

Hotel Camelia International
Ranked #1,652 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Never gonna go back there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

The service was awful. For some reason, they changed the rooms we booked, we had no other choice but to agree with this as we came were extremely tired after the long drive from the UK. No parking facilities was a little problematic as we had to park far away. The rooms were appalling. The receptionist was not helpful. Door knobs were broken and the tiny elevator was not functioning properly. The only good thing about this hotel is is location. A complete scam.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ashvi97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had a disastrous experience with this hotel. As soon as I went to my bedroom, I felt my asthma coming on almost immediately. The room was too dirty and they were refurbishing the room opposite and the dust came through.
Ceiling, walls and carpet are all old and tatty. Upon speaking to the manager to express my displeasure and recover my deposit, I was told that this was not possible and after many hours of trying to sort this out with booking.com, the manager told me I had to pay anyway even if I didn't use the room.

It was a awful experience!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Aline G

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Iasi, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

The hotel have very small rooms- like the most hottels in Paris. The rooms from 6 floor are extremely small, only a bed fitt in room, u do not have space in the bathroom.
In one day i found my room open, the cleanning lady forgotten to lock the door.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dumeandrei
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

It was easy to find this place, very near the train station.
We stayed at the 5th floor, newly renovated- It was comfortable.
Only thing was the other room was making so much noise at an odd hour in the morning.
There was wifi only at the lobby.

The location is a few blocks from moulin rouge and when you go down the hotel, there are a few places to eat even if its late at night.

Room Tip: Just close the windows when it gets noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during our vacation in Paris. Rooms are small and bathroom is tiny but clean. Hotel is quite cheap, near Sacré-Coeur. We were able to walk to the river Seine without using a tube. The neighborhood wasn´t probably the safest, but we didn´t have any problems.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zdenca
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Please for your own safety DO NOT STAY HERE. I recently had the worse experienc eon vacation ever. Visiting France for the ist time it was very dissapointing to have to deal with the kind of people that are in charge of this place. The hotel is a DUMP to say it kindly it is dirty, old, the pictures on line are not even true pictures except for the exterior of this place. The man at the reception desk is a drunk paraplegic with no manners. He is not even ashamed to have the beer can sitting on top of the reception desk. I had to stay here for 2 nights because everything else was full. They require that you turn in your key every time you go out and while we were out that morning on the second day they came in my room while we were out went thru all my stuff stole my money and jewlwey and then refuse to credit my stay at all saying they didnt know who did it and that the cleaning personal that had been in my room were off that day and could not do anything for me. If you speak english you are doomed, they are so rude to you and the man actually told me that if I wnated to complain to learn french and then try to complain. The police was called and the reception drunk just kept sayin his boss was on vacation cant do anything for anyone. His precise words "That's LIfe! it happens" I spent 2 Hrs at the police station filing a report against the theft at this hotel and found out is a turist trap. What ever you do DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank sweetsmiles88
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Negotiation was terrible. The owner cancelled us reservation in the middle our trip and we had to find new hotel. He failed to tell us why. He didn´t speak English and he was very rude to us. Also he robbed us of the price. The rooms was terrible and very old.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends