“the dancing waiters”

$91.28*
Paradis Latin Paris Dinner and Show
$225.17*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Paradis Latin Cabaret with Exclusive VIP Seating, Dinner and...
Ranked #12 of 247 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paradis Latin is the most Parisian of the great Cabarets, located in the heart of the Left Bank, just a few minutes walk from Notre Dame and the Pantheon. Built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889, it is National landmark and home to the Hit Show "Paradis à la Folie" with its prestigious artists acclaimed by our guests from all over the world. A little, a lot, passionately ... à la folie! A fabulous cocktail of musical comedy, lavish fanfare and modern ballets" featuring of course the famous French Cancan! Quality of service and dining experience, followed by Paradis à la Folie, are the reasons why its is the Cabaret of Choice of the French public where they come to celebrate the important moments of their lives. The proximity of the scene and the artists, a bilingual MC and great attractions offer the clients a true experience of the French Cabaret, "à la Française" Open every day except Tuesday. Dinner at 8 Pm, one show nightly at 9h30 Pm. Grand Final at 11Pm.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the only cabaret show in the Latin Quarter that I know of, which keeps you from having to visit the nasty red light area at night to see the other cabarets. It is very traditional and they do not succumb to speaking in a dozen languages. It is very dance based and even the waiters link arms and dance through the crowd. Their Can Can is spectacular. good to see

1  Thank burnie100
There are newer reviews for Le Paradis Latin

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Me and my partner visited Paradis Latin because it was recommended by a lot of people here, on Tripadvisor. It was my first visit of a cabaret in Paris so I was really curious. We bought the tickets just for a show including a glass of champagne, without dinner and we got a place in the 1st floor. The first unpleasant surprise was that there was no space to sit in a comfortable position, you had to sit just with elbows very near your body like in a plane.

When I looked down, the place looked like "a beer garden in Germany" - a very long tables and only seniors, 65+ there. All the French. I have heard a lot of Odes about the elegance of French ladies but these women had nothing together with elegance, they were obviously villagers, with grey hair and no make-up.

The show was at the beginning very boring (the young guy sitting next to me prefered to play with his mobil instead). Later it became more interesting but anyway anything special. There were always half naked dancing girls (disco style, cheerleaders...), male dancers, acrobats, one singer and the highlight was a man riding a unicycle - he was the best.

Overall the choreography and scenario were poor. I had an impression that I returned 30 years back and that I am watching TV. The same types of cabarets we used to had during the socialism in my country (the Czech Republic) when I was child. Now we don´t have it on TV anymore because for us-Czechs it is too old-fashion and boring style of entertainment.

Maybe since I have seen several performances of the amazing Cirque du Soleil now I can´t like something like this. But the old seniors in the ground floor liked the show and I have seen that it was a good fun for them.
So the conclusion: Don´t go there if you aren´t over 60 and if you are used for more sophisticated shows like e.g. Cirque du Soleil, ballets in theatres etc. You won´t like it.

1  Thank Renata J
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Since we’ve been several times to Moulin Rouge and once to the Lido, we wanted to go to a different one. Looking on websites what to do in Paris by night we came across Paradis Latin, offering lunch and dinner shows. Luckily, they had availability for Friday night and we booked it for dinner & show, online and printed the tickets on the spot. Usually dinners at this sort of thing are not very good, but instead of cooking or eating somewhere else, it was practical. We booked the “Star” menu for 155Euros per person. From the three menus offered, this is the in between. You have two choices for every plate. Our “foie gras” was very good. My husband’s “chateaubriand” was also very good and perfectly cooked. I had the bass filet, which was a bit dry, but the sauce helped it a bit. Both desserts, apple tart & opera, were very good. The portions were normal size, enough to satisfy any appetite.
The staff was friendly and professional. Everyone was very attentive and courteous since the minute we walked in. Food came out quickly, but on cold plates. This means food will get cold quick, so you have to eat fast. The show started on time. Besides the dance numbers, they have a performer on a unicycle doing a juggling act and a gymnast on a trapeze. They were both very good. The show does not have a theme, like the Lido and Moulin Rouge and includes a lot of modern dance, which we don’t particularly care about. But, it was done with style and it was entertaining. The venue is not very big, which is good for the service provided. Even though it was a Friday night, it was not full. It seems that not many people know of this alternative, for a night out in Paris. I just read that is ranked #1 on this site! Paradis Latin is easily accessible by metro. No pictures are allowed, before or during the show; only after. The do not sell you programs or CD’s. There is a professional photographer taking pictures and the cost is 10Euros and is optional to purchase them. We recommend Paradis Latin for reasonable prices, good service, good food, and good entertainment as an option for a night out in Paris. Good job Paradis Latin!

5  Thank HTPWT24
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great show, a different cabaret experience, would reccomend anytime. There's lots of 'special' tariffs, check out their website to see what's on offer.

2  Thank Mirella R
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just returned from Paris and Le Paradis Latin was a highlight. The dancers, singers, cyclist and contortionists were entertaining. This is not Broadway but it is a fun evening. The master of ceremonies was corny and a bit anti-American in his humor.

We decided not to have dinner and went with only a glass of champagne for 68e per person. At first we were going to pay for tickets online but instead we emailed them and they took our reservation without any form of payment. When we arrived we presented our reservation number and made payment. They accommodate large groups and diners first. I guess they allowed us in around 8:45pm and seated us along the left side near the stage.....seats were fine. The gentlemen next to us had mixed reactions about the food so we were happy about our decision.

Paradis Latin is about one block from the Cardinal Lemoine metro stop and we had no issue getting there or returning via metro. There is a taxi queue by the venue but it might be difficult getting a taxi. Paradis Latin is right off rue des Ecoles. There are a couple of brasseries on the corner. We had a quick bite at BIA (Breakfast in America on rue des Ecoles) right before the show.....just like going to a diner in New York before or after a movie. We dressed casually and were fine. I wore slacks and a collared shirt. My wife wore a skirt, boots and a sweater. Not necessary to get dressed to the nines. I guess the show was about an hour and a half.