2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$68
eDreams$67
Trip.com$70
1,317 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2012

well you get what you pay for, very unhelpful reception staff not bothered about customer service and the breakfast as very very poor, i stayed in the hotel from the 23/07/12 until 27/12/12 and although my trip to Paris was great this hotel could have spoilt my holiday
To date 3 months later i am still waiting for a refund so i have resorted in going onto trip advisor as they clearly don't answer emails

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank 9876mark
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Honestly I was expecting a little bit more since it's part of Accorhotels. Novotel next to etap look much more luxurious but obviously more expensive.

The room is really small but sufficient. We placed our luggage underneath the bed to have more space. Separate shower and toilet which was great, minimal amenities (soap, towels -thin and somewhat soiled for one of the towels), small TV and a desk and chair. If you are spending most of the day time sightseeing, it's sufficient and affordable stay. We didn't try their breakfast but there are restaurants and Carrefour within 5-10mins walk. Croissants really tasted so much better in Paris!

Location: convenient within 5-10mins walk from Porte d'orleans. Look out for Novotel (sign is bigger and clearer), etap is just next to it.

Security: easy for early or late checkout since you will be given PIN numbers instead of keys. Had some problem with our first room and was immediately given another.

There is a vending machine but no water cooler. Anway water in Paris is drinkable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Twilightlilly
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here for my personal trip for 2 nights in September 2012. I found the service quite decent. Don't expect a very spacious room with this budget in Paris. All I needed is free WiFi and a breakfast. I liked the breakfast with the minimum price. We did not have any issues moving to Eiffel tower, Louvre Museum and places to see around Paris. The only stuff to know is that the AC cannot be controlled from inside the room.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Only downside: The rooms themselves are not suitable for sharing with another, unless the other is your significant other as the shower stall had a see-through class door in front of a full length mirror directly opposite in the main room (i.e. anyone else in the room could see you showering) and the toilet was separate with only a swinging door. As I was traveling by myself, it was fine; would have also been OK with my husband, but not with anyone else.

However, I was very pleased that the room was extremely clean and that the wifi worked superbly, with a fast connection. I was also happy that I had no issues leaving my bags there for ~6 hours after check-out time, in a secure, locked room behind the reception desk, with my name attached to it so I didn't worry while I was out.

The location is quite good for Paris, despite the fact that it's on the périphérique (the beltway/highway/Autobahn around Paris). (By the way, the guy at the front desk asked if I wanted a room that faced the courtyard instead, and I said yes, so I slept very well both nights.) I stayed here for a conference that took place in one of the university areas just east and *not for purposes of tourism* -- it is close to the universities, and even has a nice area for a few miles of morning/evening running (Parc Montsouris and Cité Universitaire campus). In addition the metro stop Porte d'Orléans and buses (entirely in Zone 1 for ticketing purposes), it was also on the Tram 3 (?) line, which is very nice and relatively new. Additionally, a 3 minute walk across the bridge offers tons of restaurant, cafe, boulangerie options; a 5-8 minute walk in the same direction offers a large and well-stocker Carrefour Marché where you can buy prepared foods and such as well.

When looking for places to stay, remember that Paris can be like Manhattan with hotel rooms, and you have to prioritize what matters most to you. For me, as a solo traveler, here's what I cared most about for this trip: location to conference and to fast/solo eating options; security (as a female solo traveler); cleanliness; free wifi that works; store my bag somewhere before leaving; ability to sleep without disturbance. If these things matter to you, this is a good hotel option, albeit slightly on the high side for this single traveler.

• Trip type: Traveled solo