“Brilliant Small Hotel in Brilliant Location”

Hotel des Arts - Montmartre
Ranked #122 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I spent three nights in this hotel. I loved every minute I spent in the hotel. The staff are really helpful and very friendly - it's makes such a difference to come back to a welcoming smile! The room was small, but not unusually so for this size hotel in Paris and it was very, very well laid out, nicely furnished and very clean. A big bonus is that the hotel has a free coffee, tea and snack station for guests to help themselves to from lunchtime until midnight every day (cool snacks!!). I did not book breakfast so I can't comment on it. The location is absolutely brilliant with Blanche Metro 5 minutes away. The walk to the metro is a treat as the street is so interesting in itself!! I always stay in this area and this is the nicest hotel, with best value for money that I have stayed in yet. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is in a wonderful location in central Paris. The staff are wonderfully friendly. They speak excellent English, and yet make every effort to understand my Pidgin French. The hotel is very clean, nice and well decorated.

I do have a couple of minor points - my room was a little small and the breakfast isn't brilliant. Given how easy it is to get breakfast in cafes around the area, I wouldn't bother with breakfast next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John A
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Paris. The location is perfect - five minutes from a few different metro stations, right in the thick of things in Montmartre. The bed was very comfortable. However, the room was quite small, and so was the bathroom. There was just a small shower and no counter space. Unfortunately, we woke up to find we had no hot water on Saturday and the hot water wasn't restored until later that afternoon. The following morning, the water was lukewarm at best and went cold quickly. Furthermore, the walls are paper thin. We could hear every noise coming from any part of the hotel (including loud groups of people singing, playing music, and slamming doors) throughout the night and early in the morning. Neither one of us was able to sleep well at all (even given the really comfortable bed). The staff was polite and tried to be accommodating (they offered us free breakfast one morning because of the lack of hot water, and also said that we could shower at their sister hotel around the corner), but that really doesn't make up for the facilities. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily G
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Arts - Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear guests,

I would like to post my comments regarding this last review.
I feel very sorry your stay with us did not match all your expectations.
It is true we had a problem that specific day with our boiler (during a few hours) and I would like to apologize here for any incovenience that might have been caused.
About noise being made by other guests,even if our night staff is doing its very best,we cannot control all unapropriate behaviours.
I do hope you had a safe journey back home to Belgium.
Kind regards from Montmartre.

A.M

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and a small group of family members and friend for a short break in Paris. We found the hotel to be pleasantly decorated, clean and tidy. The reception staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming as were the staff in the dining area. Breakfast was ample with a good choice...croissants, buns, toast with a selection of jams, honey etc. fresh juice or water, a selection of teas and coffee, boiled eggs, cheeses, delicious crusty French bread and two choices of cereal. There is a nice little waiting/sitting area with daily newspapers and books. I cannot comment on the wifi as we did not use it. The bedrooms are smallish but there is plenty of room for a holiday stay, a safe is provided free of charge, beds are comfortable, extra blankets are provided but we found our room to be very warm so they were certainly not needed. The hotel is situated in an ideal spot for the Metro which is only about a 5 - 10 minutes walk away. We hope to return to Paris and when we do we would most definitely try and book this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great small hotel in Montmartre. Located on a small street about ten euros by taxi from Gare du Nord in the centre, between the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur and the Moulin Rouge. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient, directing us to local places of interest and a good restaurant. Breakfast was help yourself to coffee and continental with attendant service if required.The room was superb with a lovely welcome pack.

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony over looking the street, which was great way to appreciate the location.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Arts - Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear guests,

Many thanks for your lovely review.
I do hope you had a safe journey back home to England.
Do not hesitate to come back!
Rates on our OFFICIAL WEBSITE are cheaper then anywhere else- check and you will see the difference!
The entire team of Hotel des Arts wishes you all the best for 2014!
Kind regards from Paris.
See you soon in the Montmartre Village.

A.M

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for four days. Nice location in the Montemartre neighborhood. Very close to Metro stops and a short walk to the shops with cheese, chocolates, pastries and beauty supplies! The thing that I love is that my boyfriend ran out for roses on Valentine's Day and we went out for the day... When we returned, the roses were in a vase next to the bed except for one rose on the bed with chocolates. Nice touch!!!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Courteous and clean, but the real thrill lies just outside the hotel doors. You will find no better location in Paris for the price; utterly charming. Walk up the hill for serenity or to get lost amidst the locals, walk down the hill for everything that brought you to Paris in the first place...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple