“Fantastic Independant Hotel in The Heart of Montmartre”

Hotel des Arts - Montmartre
Ranked #137 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Independant Hotel in The Heart of Montmartre”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my newly married wife stayed here for three nights as part of our honeymoon, we stayed in room 42 which is on the fourth floor of this charming hotel, the hotel staff are very warm and friendly, the decor throughout the hotels reception and hallways is perfect whilst the room was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean with access to a large balcony with a decent view of the streets below accessible through two sets of french doors.

Hotel Des Arts is located in the heart of bustling Montmartre, just five minutes or less from some great attractions in the area including some great restaurants, fantastic places of interest (Place Du Tertre, Sacre Couer, Moulin Rouge eyc) lively bars and with easy access to public transport with the Metro on the doorstep via either Abbesess or Blanche stations: both a five minute walk away. The Gare Du Nord for Eurostar services is also just an easy fifteen minute walk away if you fancy seeing the city on foot as we did!

Thoroughly recommend.

1 Thank Joshua A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Upon Arrival staff was very accommodating and friendly. Rooms were clean....location could not be better next to many Cafes. NOW regarding the service ... I do not remember the name of the young lady at the front desk I know she was German.. She was so professional and helpful ! I had left my credit card at a store and she took the time to help locate the store and call as my French was a bit rusty. I will definitely stay at Des Arts next time in Paris !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joeinmiami
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Well appointed hotel which we used for the weekend of the Tour de France finish. Great location within a couple of minutes of the superb Art Nouveau Abbesses metro station. Plenty of bars/bistros etc in the immediate area and good (if uphill) access to the Sacre Coeur.
Rooms are generally small as in most city centre hotels these days but well decorated, Not great views from ours at least.
lack of air conditioning was an issue the weekend we stayed as temperatures reached around 35 degrees but this was a real exception even for Paris

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ian h
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a trip celebrating the high school graduation of my best friend's daughter. The hotel was one on a short list of hotels given to us to choose from a set vacation package through our travel agent so I had no idea what to expect.

We arrived prior to check in and the lady behind the desk was very polite and allowed us to store our luggage so that we could find food and explore the area a little bit prior to check in. After doing so, we arrived back at the hotel shortly after the time she advised that our rooms would be ready and they were. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I stayed on the first floor in a single and my friends stayed on the 5th floor.

While there was no AC, I only found that to be a problem if all 3 of us were in my room or right after showering. While sleeping and lounging (there were lots of naps), the room was a very comfortable temperature. The room had a nice size window that faced the interior courtyard near the breakfast area. I was afraid this might be an issue because of the noise and the fact that the trash cans were stored right outside. While there were definitely times that the noise was louder than others, thankfully everyone seemed to sleep in a bit, I never noticed the trash cans. And honestly, waking up to the smell of breakfast wasn't the worst thing in the morning.

The hotel was definitely conveniently located. The free wi-fi worked well in all parts of the hotel and while we didn't interact with the staff much other than to get our keys - we had a set agenda we were abiding by - they were all pleasant and welcoming each time we did. The one exception was upon check out. The gentleman went over and above to help us arrange transportation to the airport the next morning, even trying to arrange the best deal for us. I wish I would have gotten his name.

Overall, this was my favorite hotel on our trip and would definitely recommend it and will be staying there on my next visit to Paris. Even if it does require climbing all those stairs as the Absesses metro stop!

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and I thought it was great - no waiting for the lift or having to hau...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alyssa P
Lincs
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Really liked this hotel. Excellent position. Nicely decorated and furnished. One of the reception staff was a bit sullen, but otherwise they were all friendly, helpful and professional, in particular one guy was really very nice indeed. Very good value for money. Impressed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nick W
Thrapston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My 16 year old daughter and I stayed at the Hotel des Arts recently to celebrate the end of her exams and our 2 special birthdays. We had been recommended the hotel by a friend who'd stayed there 5 years ago. The hotel suited us perfectly; located in central Montmartre we felt both safe and at the centre of things. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Patrick who served the breakfasts. We stayed on the sixth floor in room 62, (accessed by the lift to the fifth with a short staircase upwards) which was fantastic. We had a wonderful view of the Sacre Coeur and nearby rooftops. The swifts were screeching and swooping around too! It wasn't hard to imagine a small rooftop room of some artist or writer a century ago. There wasn't air conditioning (and it was very hot outside) but being high up there was a cooling breeze. The room was compact but perfectly adequate for the two of us. Would definitely recommend - already thinking about the next trip!

Room Tip: I would advise a room higher up - it's cooler - and with a view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Antioch, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Des Arts (7 nights) last August to celebrate my 50th birthday and had a wonderful experience. So much so that I'm returning August 2013 for 3 nights to celebrate my daughter's graduation from college.

Hotel: My room was delightful with cute view of city rooftops. It was clean, comfy, a bit small, but I didn't spend much time there. Front desk staff very helpful, allowed us to store our luggage before check-in, hotel puppy was adorable and friendly, wi-fi worked, and the location was great-not too touristy. Located close to Abbesses and Blanche metro stations, Montmartre and Sacre Coeur. The neighborhood was adorable and were lined with fruit stands, quaint streets, restaurants-there was a little Italian place right up the street that was great! Great food, great people, great locals! I would definitely recommend Hotel Des Arts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Arts - Montmartre, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your loverly review!
We are looking forward to welcome you back in Montmartre in August.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information about your stay.
See you very soon then!
Kind regards from sunny and hot paris today.

A.M