Hotel des Arts - Montmartre
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$163
$198
$183
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$130
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
2,960 results
All reviewsmoulin rougerue tholozeabbesses metrotwo metro stationsspiral staircaselovely hotelcroissantsbreakfast roombars and restaurantstop floorgreat areabottle of champagneeiffel towerperfect locationno air conditioningsmall hoteltwin room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I chose this hotel because I needed to stay overnight in Paris within striking distance of the Eurostar at Gare du Nord, but wanted to get away from the station district to a more interesting area of Paris. I was not disappointed. Hotel des Arts is a typical, traditional Paris hotel - tall and narrow in a quiet street. The decor on the landings is colourful - there are copies of famous paintings on the lift doors, and artists' names on the rooms. My door was signed 'Dali', but I was relieved to find that the room itself was furnished in conventional good taste. It was very clean and well-maintained, with a balcony over the street. The free wireless internet worked perfectly in my room (not always the case in other hotels, in my experience).

The staff on the desk were very friendly. The man who greeted me on arrival spoke excellent English, but was kind enough to let me practise my French. The breakfast was typically French, adequate rather than lavish - croissants, bread and jam, coffee, juice, a few more things, but no fresh fruit or cheese as far as I could see.

It was good to stay in a hotel that felt French (though none of the guests I encountered were French). I will certainly stay at Hotel des Arts again next time I need a room in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter Y
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I had to extend my holiday in Paris a few extra days and chose this hotel because of price and location. I found all the staff very helpful and accomodating with all my requests. My room was small but pretty and spotlessly clean. The only negative thing was noisy hotel guests having conversations in the hallway after 11.30 in the evening. No consideration for other hotel guests. Breakfast was included and also wi-fi internet was free, unlike other hotels that were charging up to 15 Euros per hour for the same service. Would stay here again but would chose a larger room with a better view.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Good location but unfriendly staff. No airconditioning in room and our bathroom had a tub with a hose instead of a shower. The breakfast was terrible (even the coffee was bad). Some of the staff were ok but the main girl we dealt with was disinterested in being helpful. If you want to print your boarding pass, you have to email it to them and they print it for you (which can be a problem). The maid left our window open in a wind/rain storm and my luggage and some prints we bought were wet when we returned. The girl at the desk told us when we returned and said "everything is ok" and disregarded the damage. When we discovered the damage, she gave us reimbursement for 3 prints and offered the use of their dryer (which would have damaged my good clothes). They did some remodeling which is nice but I would definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb R
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel des Arts - Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

dear guests,
i would like to post my comments regarding this last review that is disproportionate to me.
as mentioned many many times on TripAdvisor,our staff is very FRIENDLY and always willing to help.
however,sometimes it can be very busy at the reception desk and i am sorry you had the feeling we did not take care of you as you would have liked to.
regarding the window,when the staff is cleaning your room,we open it for a few minutes to get some fresh air and we cannot forecast a sudden storm - i am sorry about that.
regards from montmartre.
a.m

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have enjoyed this hotel. The rooms are small but well organized. The sheets and towels are of high quality and the hotel is kept very clean and well maintained. You might want to pay a little extra for a room on the top floor which adds to the brightness and we have even had a view - watching the Eiffel Tower lit up at night. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The lobby has a real charm and is very pleasant to use. The area is full of wonderful small restaurants and full of life.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the 6th floor or at least as high in the hotel as you can to have more natural light.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The reviews are right, the Hotel des Arts is a great little hotel in the villagey part of Montmartre and near some good inexpensive restaurants and cafes
The rooms are not very big but nonetheless very pleasant and good value for Paris They can be a bit warm in hot weather and I guess a bit noisy at the front but ours was fine

The staff were also very pleasant and helpful We would certainly go back again

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room to ensure we were not near lift or at front
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends