“Gezellig familie hotel hartje Parijs”
Review of Hotel de Roubaix

Hotel de Roubaix
Ranked #346 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Good French breakfast in a nice new decorated room is lovely.

The hotel and rooms are renewed and the service is friendly and helpfull.

The location is in the center of Paris, with parking and metro very close.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank B K

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Charming hotel with great location in the hart of Paris. Parking nearby.
Cosy renewed rooms, nice breakfast area, friendly service.
Excellent price/quality relationship.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joke P
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just had a wonderful four days at this charming Hotel! Everyone helpful and courteous. The breakfast...Good French coffee, fresh juice,croissant, baguette, jelly, butter...was so tasty. The newly decorated front breakfast room is fresh and cool and very inviting, large bouquet of pink and red roses, a magificant chandeliere, and each table for two breakfast trays.
Our room fresh new carpeting, linens were fresh, and crisp, and the beds soooooo comfortable. keeping in mind it is an older hotel, everything is fresh and clean! The new owners (since January) are working their way through the building up-dating as they go! It is family run and seems to have a heart! Wi Fi is very good in the breakfast room. We used it in the rooms as well. The sweety who serves breakfast there is very organized! Stay out of the kitchen though. ;). She prefers to serve you! The French is beautiful to listen to, very enunciated and clear. The staff are all endearing!The rooms are small, but as I said the beds are great, clean and crisp linens and quality pillows...Cool fresh air in the evenings, TV, bathroom/shower, desk...it was great! What more do you need? So they are working on things as well. My travel partner has stayed here before and I would too! Close to Instabanks, Metro,s, shopping , some restaurants, and all service type store, within a block or two.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jean W
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed here twice and found the location very close to the Metro station Reamor-Sebastipol very convenient. The room we stayed in was big enough for two ( with two comfortable beds) The room and bathroom were clean and the staff friendly and helpful. They even booked. Taxi to take us to the airport. Breakfast was fresh juice, croissant and baguette with butter and jam. There is a coffee machine in the sun room, so you can have more than one cup! There is an elevator!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I came to this hotel 2 years ago but was very satisfied with my stay in this family run hotel. The staff was always very helpful and ready to answer any questions. it looks a bit outdated but everyone was friendly.

The hotel looks quite different when I visited again in Feb 2012. The decor downistairs had changed for the best and it looks like fresh paint had been applied everywhere. The hotel still had the same charm. I heard that it was now run by a young enthusiastic owner. Again I was very satisfied. The staff was still very helpful and my room was very clean.The continental breakfast was plentiful and always fresh. . The position of the hotel is fantastic. 2mns from the metro and a short walk from the centre of Paris. For a budget hotel it is great value and I shall definitely used it again and recommend it to my friends

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Marie A
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stay from Feb. 18 - 25, 2012
Room: 48, on 6th floor

It was my second visit to Paris but my first visit to this hotel. I was actually a bit skeptical and scared because of the photos I found of this hotel. It didn't look as clean as I would have liked it to be and it always seemed to be a small place. However, I would stay at this hotel again for sure. My friend and I had a great experience and loved this hotel!

Owners:
The owner are a family and the manager is an older gentleman (I would say in his 70s). They quite nice and answered all of our questions. We didn't asked them many questions about the metro or museums/tourist attractions since we already knew what we wanted to do and visited the city already. However, they were always very approachable.

Hotel Amenities:
The hotel itself is 6 floors, but no worries, there is a lift. It is quite small but it does the job no problem.
In the rooms, there is a small safe. All you need to do is ask for the key from the reception and you're able to keep that key on you at all times. We felt very secure having our passports, money and mini laptop in there.
We got free WIFI in our room. Again, you need to ask the reception for a password but the connection was good enough for my friend and I to watch a movie and tv series online several times during our stay.

Hotel serivces:
Every single day, our towels were changed. It was a nice perk and it gave us reassurance that the cleaning crew was dedicated. It appeared that the washroom walls were dryed and washed down everyday. It also seemed that they vacuumed every day.
Breakfast was amazing and always fresh. They served half of a full baguette (just picture it being your shoe size), a croissant, freshly squeezed orange juice, an option between coffee and hot chocolate, jam and butter. After every breakfast, my friend and I were extremely full. It kept us for the whole day some days or at least until 2pm.

Room:
Our room was small, yes. However, the bed was super comfortable. We slept like babies every night. Plus, there was great heating and plenty of blankets over our very clean sheets. Granted, there were some stains on the blankets... but the sheets were spotless! No worries.
The decor was... well it was outdated. However, after a day, we got used to ours and barely even noticed. The walls may have stains on them too but it's not like we hugged the walls either. The basic thing you must know is that the beds were comfy.
The bathroom was small. There was no tub and only a shower with no curtain. So it was basically open to the whole bathroom. We needed to corner ourselves in order not to spray the whole bathroom with water but for a week in Paris, who cares! It can be done.

Location:
The hotel is on a rather quiet street however, at night, we heard a lot of ambulances... But we the windows closed, we didn't hear a thing and slept through the night.
It's close to markets here and there (Monoprix on Renamur I believe) and if you walk a few blocks down Grenata, you'll hit an area with a bunch of shops and restaurants, a nice evening dinner. It's extremely close to a metro (2 min walk).

Overall, stay at this hotel. You will not regret it. It might be rough around the edges and whatnot but for its price, it's worth the value and so much more!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Serena H
Reviewed September 22, 2011

You get what you pay for. By that I mean at under $90 Euros a night for a hotel very close to the city centre what do you expect. We stayed at this hotel twice eight years ago. Nothing much has changed and so we were not surprised. The rooms are small but so what, we just needed somewhere to sleep. The bed was comfortable and when you closed the new looking windows there was virtually no street noise. When you opened the windows there was a great view up the street and usually a nice breeze blowing in. The bathroom is small and could use a real scrubbing along the shower bottom but was very serviceable and the water was always hot.
We did not have any issues with any of the staff and they were always helpful with any questions. Their english levels varied quite a bit. Breakfast is continental, meaning a croissant, bread, jam, butter, orange juice and coffee,tea or chocolate. We supplemented ours with fresh fruit, cheese etc from one of many of the local markets. One of our favourite things about the hotel is its location. Within a block of the number 4 metro station makes it very easy and quick to get to the centre and airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple