“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #233 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My daughter treated me ( and her ) to two nights in Paris for a Christmas present, the location was chosen because my uncle used to live across the road at no. 49.

Perfect base for our trip, small but really well appointed room absolutely spotless with the most comfortable of beds, metro ( Picpus) just across the road or a couple of minutes up to the place du Nation, nice safe area to explore lots of cafes and restaurants and a huge market on Wednesday .

Terrific value and well and worthily recommended, a great base to discover this exciting city.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MichaelWhinger
CoParis, Gérant at Hotel du Printemps, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and your five star rating. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the neighborhood of the hotel. We hope you had a great Christmas in Paris and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kind regards
Colette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Makrakoni, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I have gone on a mini vacation to Paris and it was our first time to Paris. We stayed at Hotel du Printemps, which we booked online. The hotel was nice and the rooms were also nice, pretty cute, but the bed was bit too small for my taste. Other than that we had a great time. We suggest to the hotel owner that they should improve their site.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Achaikos
CoParis, Gérant at Hotel du Printemps, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are very pleased to learn that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your first vacation in Paris and your stay at the Hotel du Printemps. Thank you for your advice concerning our website. Without revealing a secret our new web site is currently in progress and will be released in the coming months.
Kind Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spent 4 nights over Christmas at Hotel du Printemps. It is close to two metro stations, Picpus is a stone's throw away and a little further down the road is Nation, both on the same metro line. It does take a good 20 mins to get into the centre of the city, however the metro line (M6) goes direct to the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. Paris Metro is very easy to use and trains comes often. Of course it would be prefarable to stay closer to the city centre, but the area behind the hotel is quite lovely with plenty of cafes, bakeries and gourmet food shops. There is also a local supermarket which comes in handy. We stayed in a standard double room, and it was small which if you're on a budget is what you must expect in Paris. Rooms are simply but nicely furnished, nice bathroom, would have preferred less ornate and more functional larger set of drawers. Breakfast is reasonably priced, factoring in the convenience and comfort (on a cold winters morning in Paris you will want to sit in for breakfast) - decent continental. Particularly liked the egg boiler, coming from Italy where they only give you hard boiled eggs, was nice to cook them just the way you like. Juice was a little watery. Yes lift is very slow and internet was constantly cutting out, but for the price we were willing to overlook. In fact if they fixed these two areas, the hotel would be the perfect budget hotel. Important to note I am comparing the value for money against other Paris hotels, as having travelled around Europe have stayed in much nicer hotels in Rome, Prague, Florence for much less. Hotel staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RREC01
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

After extensively scouring the internet for a decent hotel in Paris, I happened upon Hotel du Printemps. I was so disheartened at this point in time by not being able to find anything up to even a decent standard within my budget, I had all but given up. But hurrah! The hotel is not right in the city centre, but don't let this stop you from staying here. The city centre is only a short Metro ride away. Not to mention, this area of the city is charming and has a unique character to it. I always felt safe here, even walking late at night.

Tucked away on a bit of a side street, it was slightly difficult to locate at night. But when I arrived, the concierge was extremely accommodating and very friendly. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, and every morning was greeted before going out the door, and again every evening upon returning. Also, the concierge has a buzzer to open the door in the evenings, so this adds extra security to the place which is nice. I also liked the little reading den (I guess you could call it a den?) and the breakfast nook. Very nice to be able to socialize with other travellers staying at the hotel in the mornings.

The hotel was tiny. Not an understatement. The elevator can barely fit two people + luggage and you definitely cannot fully extend your arms sideways in the shower. But to be honest, I was fully prepared and expecting this. Most European hotel rooms are small. I wouldn't say this is a down side, just something that I thought I would point out so people are aware before arriving. The room was stylishly furnished and the large window had doors that opened fully so you can stand against a window balcony, looking out onto the beautiful tree lined street. The room was also extremely clean and well kept, which is a standard that I always hold for myself when travelling. This is a must, and Hotel du Printemps delivered.

The only negatives that I do have to say about the room is firstly, the top covering on the bed. As I'm sure most seasoned travellers know, you always remove the top sheet. It is the one thing in a hotel room that is rarely laundered. In this case, it was one of those really think blankets that cover the entire top of the bed, molded to the exact shape of the bed (hope I described that so people can understand what I'm talking about lol). Anyways, I immediately removed this covering, but underneath, there was just a sheet and one other thin blanket for warmth. I was in Paris mid October, so it was getting colder outside. I would suggest that the hotel should provide extra blankets in the room if possible, though the heating works like a charm! Secondly, there is a very small ledge between the shower and the floor. With only a barely there shower curtain, you can bet that water will get all over the floor.

Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. It isn't without its faults, but nothing is ever going to be perfect. I try to give an honest review, so that anyone reading this will be fully informed. If you're looking for a nice, clean hotel to rest your head ... great value for your money, too. Then stay here! You wont regret it :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Cassandra M
CoParis, Gérant at Hotel du Printemps, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much Cassandra M for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We are so happy that you were able to appreciate the understated charm of our hotel and its good value. It is always a pleasure for our team when a guest expresses his/her satisfaction. I just regret that you didn’t ask for an extra blanket as we provide them with pleasure when ask by our guests. Furthermore, I would like to reassure you; even our bed top covers are laundered on a regular basis as we are very strict on cleanliness.
We hope to welcome you again next time you are in Paris.
Take care
Colette
Orange
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Let me start with the positives: close to paris proper, only 12-15 minutes on metro. Close to major station Nation, and even closer to Picpus, so centrally located. Stayed in the family room so it was a decent size with good storage facilities, very clean and modern bathroom and fabulous shower....such an important addition to a stay in Paris. Te other rooms looked too small for me, from peering in through the opened doors during cleaning. So ask for the family room even if you are just a couple, you'll be glad. Te corridors are very tight and narrow and the lift is painfully slow, but at least there's a lift. Didnt have breakfast, even at 8 euros, way to much considering the patisseries not 1 minute walk. Nation has fabulous restaurants and a big supermarket and a super irish pub for dinner drinks. But back to the hotel. The front desk staff ae hit and miss, some could not do enough, some looked at you like you were the enemy..... A mild exaggeration, but you get my meaning. If only all were as polite and helpful as the more experienced ( read older) lady who bent over backwards to help me out over a few issues not even related to the hotel. Wifi free but a tad slow, but was pretty good. Would i stay again. Yes, definitely. And they al spoke pretty good english.

Room Tip: Go the family room regardless... In paris you need your hotel space because you feel so hemmed in ev...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Oange
West .Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Trip Advisor patrons alerted us to this Hotel for which we are thankful.On a quiet street but only 400 metres to Nation metro which is 2 stops outside Les Halles, the new centre of Paris.If you prefer, Buses to Gare St Lazare station near large Department stores ( a longer trip but interesting is only 500 metres away on main Place de Nation , an historic grand square surrounded with Patisseries, Bars & restaurants .
Hotel rooms are small but well appointed as is the small Ensuite. Friendliness, Cleanliness & interesting location among Parisians rather than tourists all add to the appeal. Breakfast in foyer area is well worth 8 Euros for the reasonable selection & convenience.
Bus direct to CDG airport at less than 12 euros for the two of us was a bonus, reception will direct you to bus stop only 500 metres away outside prominent Italian restaurant.Access by rail from CDG is also so easy as others have indicated. but one handling of cases was great on return.
Try Nonna Rita pizzeria close by. Not just pizzas. Exit hotel turn left then left again at next corner then cross street. CA'nt miss.

Room Tip: We requested room at rear on upper floor. 5th I think. Lift is very quiet so being next to lift was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank petanne
CoParis, Gérant at Hotel du Printemps, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and thank you for the five stars. We are so pleased that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed our Parisian neighborhood. It is true that all the transport facilities that surround the hotel make life easier for our guests when visiting Paris or going to the airports or Disneyland. One tip for those who need extra space, do not hesitate to reserve our triple rooms these are our largest -:).
Take care
Northville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at Hotel du Printemps for 4 nights in September. Although it's not close to the main tourist areas, it's very close to the Nation and Picupus Metro stations. The hotel is very clean and quiet. Our room was fairly small, but we also had a small outdoor courtyard right outside our door that we enjoyed one evening with a bottle of wine and snacks from the local market. The breakfast in the morning was extra, but we enjoyed the ease of having breakfast at the hotel. It had a great assortment of cereals, pastries, yogurts, and coffees/juices. The area surrounding the hotel includes some great little markets, bakeries and restaurants. It was a great home base for all of our touring in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple