“Clean and nice worth it!”

Hotel de la Tour Eiffel
Ranked #1,229 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
“Clean and nice worth it!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice clean hotel near to everything..only problem was the heating stopped working and the night became cold.the staff was really friendly and helpful. Also if its possible make the check out time later! Id recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Capitan0o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here Valentines night. I booked the room as book now pay later but they decided to take the money from my card and add an un notified tax. The room was not ready after even-though I requested early check in. There are no irons at all in the hotel. The room (we got a superior double) was tiny. The receptionist the next day was even worse. I asked him book a taxi we were a few minutes late fir it and he was extremely ignorant to us as was the taxi driver ( the meter was running and we paid for the wait) there was then a €22 fee added to the meter total that we weren't informed about. The location is near Eiffel Tower but thats it. Don't waste your money here 5 star prices for pathetic service and accommodation. The staff should really not be working in this industry.

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank petma1
reda b, Gérant at Hotel de la Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
You have booked a double superior with a view on the tower eiffel ,you've got it, you have asked an earlier check in but the room was occuped till 11:00 check out time you have got the room at 12:00 instead to 1p.m , you have ask an iron we haven't one ,so what....
your requirements are extreme, no kindness , no polite...
we respect all our customers even excessive but the should have a minimum of kindness..
opinion are sometimes strange ,it's like that....
B'regards

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Affordable hotel in a great location. Room was small but adequate. No food and beverage facilities not even for a morning tea or coffee. Recommended if you just need a bed at a reasonable cost but not for anyone who wants to work or spend time in the room or the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Stewart G
Ashgabat
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I and my husband was little worried to go to this hotel after reviews we read! People was saying there is no enough towels, no toilet paper, very noise and etc...
And after we spend a week there I can tell that we didn't meet any problems like this! Room was small, but only 5 star hotels in center have a big one
People was writing that only one person fit elevator, we fit both with small bags.
Room was very clean! Bathroom little old, but cleaned every day perfectly
Location was just PERFECT!!!
I'm 110% happy that I choosed this hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JUngureanu
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited for a week and stayed at this hotel, we had the top floor room, full size bed and shower. It was perfect in my opinion, we were prepared for the worst though, hearing horror stories. We stayed in the double with a shower.

The neighborhood is so lovely! So many times we'd just come back after a long day of tours and walk down Rue Cler (5 min away), or head over to Champs de Mars (5-10 mins away) and everything around it.

We thought there may be a pull-down shower/toilet and not closet in our room, but not at all. Everything is "cozy" snug, be prepared for your knees to touch the door when using the toilet, but the shower has plenty of room. The room can get stuffy quick with suitcases everywhere, so we'd always close them up and set them aside when not in use or use the closets as much as possible. There aren't any hangers in them though. The bed is stiff, but didn't bother us and was clean. There is one outlet in the entire room, and it's under the TV by the bed, so be prepared if you need to charge multiple devices or when using hair accessories besides the built in dryer in the bathroom. Also I am 5'6", and my wife a tad shorter, so I can't evaluate on behalf of someone taller.

The staff was nice, my wife spoke French and I was learning, so it was encouraging and we'd crack some smiles when I tried to speak, and was getting better.

It was winter, but the radiator was warm so we'd always crack the window, and since we were on the 5th floor, it wasn't a problem, but we loved taking in the sounds of Paris.

I'd highly recommend it and we'll definitely be back one day.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just stayed 2nights at the Hotel de la Tour Eiffel and enjoyed the friendly staff and good location as its closer to Eiffel tower, and we wanted something that closer.
Breakfast was good and rooms are not as large but comfy and relatively quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A Rick Steves recommended hotel, however, not my favorite of his recommendations. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room, so my basic expectations for a clean and quiet room were met. The room bedding, however, left much to be desired. The bedspread which thankfully was removed after day 1 was nothing short of an import from former communist eastern Europe. Once the bedspread was removed, you were left with only a blanket and a sheet. A little skimpy for November.

This is a budget hotel and this is mostly noted in the rationing of towels and toilet paper. I had 3 towels on day 1 and by day 3, I was down to only 1. While towels were replaced with clean towels, the quantity never replinished to day 1 levels. This may be ok for guys, but girls who need to wrap their hair in a towel will be left a towel short. Most notable was the rationing of toilet paper. There was never an extra role, just the one on the ring. I literally checked out of the hotel having used the last sheet of toilet paper.

The staff were friendly, but neglected to tell me until day 3 that every time you leave you need to leave your key at the front desk.

Overall, the hotel was ok. It had a good location close to Eiffel Tower for an evening stroll as well as Rue Cler, which had some good cafes for lunch and dinner. Despite some of the other reviews, I found the hotel to be quiet with little street noise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Amy A
reda b, Manager at Hotel de la Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review very courteous, but I added a precision on the bedding,
for measuring HYGIENE, we protect the mattress with a waterproof cover. on toilet paper, overall use is important, sometimes at the end of stock, pending supply, there is a temporary restriction. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The hotel manager