“Cute hotel and friendly staff”

Hotel de la Tour Eiffel
Ranked #1,172 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited for a week and stayed at this hotel, we had the top floor room, full size bed and shower. It was perfect in my opinion, we were prepared for the worst though, hearing horror stories. We stayed in the double with a shower.

The neighborhood is so lovely! So many times we'd just come back after a long day of tours and walk down Rue Cler (5 min away), or head over to Champs de Mars (5-10 mins away) and everything around it.

We thought there may be a pull-down shower/toilet and not closet in our room, but not at all. Everything is "cozy" snug, be prepared for your knees to touch the door when using the toilet, but the shower has plenty of room. The room can get stuffy quick with suitcases everywhere, so we'd always close them up and set them aside when not in use or use the closets as much as possible. There aren't any hangers in them though. The bed is stiff, but didn't bother us and was clean. There is one outlet in the entire room, and it's under the TV by the bed, so be prepared if you need to charge multiple devices or when using hair accessories besides the built in dryer in the bathroom. Also I am 5'6", and my wife a tad shorter, so I can't evaluate on behalf of someone taller.

The staff was nice, my wife spoke French and I was learning, so it was encouraging and we'd crack some smiles when I tried to speak, and was getting better.

It was winter, but the radiator was warm so we'd always crack the window, and since we were on the 5th floor, it wasn't a problem, but we loved taking in the sounds of Paris.

I'd highly recommend it and we'll definitely be back one day.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just stayed 2nights at the Hotel de la Tour Eiffel and enjoyed the friendly staff and good location as its closer to Eiffel tower, and we wanted something that closer.
Breakfast was good and rooms are not as large but comfy and relatively quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A Rick Steves recommended hotel, however, not my favorite of his recommendations. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room, so my basic expectations for a clean and quiet room were met. The room bedding, however, left much to be desired. The bedspread which thankfully was removed after day 1 was nothing short of an import from former communist eastern Europe. Once the bedspread was removed, you were left with only a blanket and a sheet. A little skimpy for November.

This is a budget hotel and this is mostly noted in the rationing of towels and toilet paper. I had 3 towels on day 1 and by day 3, I was down to only 1. While towels were replaced with clean towels, the quantity never replinished to day 1 levels. This may be ok for guys, but girls who need to wrap their hair in a towel will be left a towel short. Most notable was the rationing of toilet paper. There was never an extra role, just the one on the ring. I literally checked out of the hotel having used the last sheet of toilet paper.

The staff were friendly, but neglected to tell me until day 3 that every time you leave you need to leave your key at the front desk.

Overall, the hotel was ok. It had a good location close to Eiffel Tower for an evening stroll as well as Rue Cler, which had some good cafes for lunch and dinner. Despite some of the other reviews, I found the hotel to be quiet with little street noise.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank AmyA218
reda b, Manager at Hotel de la Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your review very courteous, but I added a precision on the bedding,
for measuring HYGIENE, we protect the mattress with a waterproof cover. on toilet paper, overall use is important, sometimes at the end of stock, pending supply, there is a temporary restriction. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The hotel manager
B'regards

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We recently spent two nights here while in Paris. We enjoyed the location of the hotel in the Rue Cler neighborhood because of its close proximity to the Eiffel Tower - we actually walked from the hotel to Notre Dame, St Michel, etc which wasn't bad either. The shops and restaurants around the hotel are very convenient. As far as the room goes, it was small but certainly did the job. The bathroom was a tight squeeze but again for two people it was just fine. The bed was rock hard, but clean and it had a TV. My only complain overall of this hotel is that when I booked I was not told there was a different rate for weeknight & weekend, so we paid about 40 Euro more on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HammockMe
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We recently spent ten days at this hotel. I give it five stars because it is close to absolutely everything, it is in a very safe and friendly neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, transportation, shops, cafes, boulangeries, you name it, it is there even the spectacular Eiffel Tower which we could view the top of from our room. The rooms are small, our twin beds were about 1 1/2 inches apart, the rooms are very, very clean, staff is extremely helpful, neighborhood is quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: It is a quiet neighborhood, and the hotel in general was very quiet, we were on the fifth floor with...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joan L
Reviewed October 12, 2013

OK, so if you are looking for trendy, spacious, or elegant, don't stop here. If you are looking for something that is well-located, budget friendly, and accomodating (with a great boulangerie and coffee shop just a few steps down the street), then this is the place. The staff were helpful with everything we requested, and our room that faced the back courtyard was quiet. With only five rooms per floor, there wasn't the bustle through the night that you might find in a larger hotel. Near Rue Clere, the tower, an Orange store (helpful when trying to get more minutes on your cell), and a metro stop. The room and bathroom were compact, but it was what we expected for the price and location. After all, we are just looking for a place to sleep after busy days in the city!

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the courtyard in the back.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Murph07
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had been to Hotel de la Tour Eiffel during my visit to Paris. It is at a walking distance to Eiffel Tower so you can go to Eiffel tower and enjoy river Seine cruise in the morning or afternoon.Many good restaurants are there near this hotel. Metro and bus service is also available so it is easy to visit any place in Paris. Take metro ticket or bus ticket for a day and you can visit a number of times.A bus is available from Eiffel tower to take you to important tourist places in Paris.Enjoy this tour of the city and get down near the hotel.it is central place in Paris.

Room Tip: It is a nice experience. Take rooms facing the main road to see outside view .
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family