“excellent location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,562 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Breisach am Rhein, Germany
“excellent location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel with our 6 year old daughter. We found the location (directly next to a huge, lively square on a side street) very good with 2 metro stations in very near walking distance. Opposite the hotel is an excellent baker where we got our baguette and coffee for breakfast. The area is lively and full of cafes, bars and many restaurants also something for every taste and budget. We enjoyed the night life very much.
The hotel itself is average and fine for a short trip. The room was recently renovated and a decent size. The bathroom was small and the shower even smaller and extremely tight and had unfortunately not been included in the renovations. It was dirty, rusty and you had to shower very fast or the water would overflow.
The room was to the street side and noisy at night. Makes sleeping difficult and in summer a bigger problem because you can not sleep with the window open.
The staff at the reception were helpful and we were able to leave our luggage in the hotel till the afternoon on our last day and could still do alittle sightseeing in the morning before going to the station.
On the whole we were satisfied and would recommend this hotel for a short trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 724Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rabat, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here while working for a week in Paris. I wanted a cheap-ish place, near the metro, with great service and a nice breakfast. I got all that I wanted and more! The front desk staff was super helpful, even though my spoken French is pathetic. They must have circled my map 50 times for different places that I was trying to go. When I needed to change my reservation and stay three more days unexpectedly, they even gave me the same room so that I didn't have to move my things. I was very thrilled to stay here, and if I end up back in Paris, I will certainly look here first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CDMG123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

the staff was very helpful. we were allowed to check in 5 hours earlier than scheduled. the rooms were nice and clean. metro station is nearby. quite a few bars and restaurants nearby. however there was no free internet and we had to pay for it. there was also no air con in the room and despite being early september, the room was pretty hot even at night! Otherwise it was a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: try to get a room with air con if its not winters!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

As a family of 4 we stayed for 2 nights in August, due to car problems we travelled a day later, after a phone call to the hotel the staff kindly re arranged our stay to suit. The car park is a good 10 minute walk but half price discount is applicable to the hotel guests making it reasonable for central Paris.

Location is excellent in a very nice part of the city, there are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby, the staff were always friendly and helpful and the room was clean although basic.

Due to its location and friendly staff we would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank saintnick76
East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Of the six hotels that I have booked for our European vacation, this is the most that I was concerned about due to its two star rating, the recent decline in its ranking based on the reviews and the lack of airconditioning. I chose this hotel for its price and location next to the Metro. We arrived early, before noon, with another family but our rooms were already available. We both had quads but we got the bigger room. The elevator is very small and will comfortably only accomodate three people (without luggages). The bathroom and shower are very small. Even though it's summer the night air is cool so leaving the big windows open makes up for the lack of airconditioning. Wifi is 5 euros per 24 hour. The front desk staff, especially Sak, are friendly and helpful, and they speak English. I did not include breakfast in our accomodation but I got to see their breakfast area because that is where we left our bags for storage after checking out and it's small. There are a number of places that you can eat in around the area. A concern I have is that even though I left the 'Do not disturb' tag by the door when we left, I found that it had been cleaned and with fresh towels when we got back. Although house keeping did a great job fixing the room the disregard for privacy made me give them a less than perfect score for service.

Room Tip: Not all their quad rooms are of the same size so ask for the bigger room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pramedor
Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The room isn't amazing and the location is pretty good. The best part of staying here was breakfast. Every morning the lady would give us our bread/croissants & she was so sweet. We would greet her with "Bonjour" and she was just such kind happy lady.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelhappy1919
bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel Paris Bruxelles, is a little bit away from central Paris, although as it is close to a metro station, it takes very little time to get anywhere in Paris.
It's in a fairly busy neighbourhood, with quite a few restaurants and shops.
The rooms are basic but a decent size.
The guy who did the nightshift was very friendly to us.

would return