“Stay cut short...you don't want to miss this story”

Hotel Paris Bruxelles
Ranked #1,560 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Stay cut short...you don't want to miss this story”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I know it sounds uptight to leave a hotel because other hotel guests are drunk, but allow me to explain. One of them scared me half to death when my door knob rattled 3 times throughout the night because she was so drunk she had no idea where her room was. At the time, I had no idea who was on the other side of the door trying to open my door and I assumed someone was trying to break in to rob me or kill me. On top of that, she peed right in front of my door and slept outside of my door (presumably, in the giant puddle of pee she left and which we had to jump over on our way out). Around 6am we finally realized it was a woman because we heard her moaning and cursing and then bang on the proper door till she was let in. Earlier in the night and the night before, she and her cohorts screamed and laughed loudly as they returned from their night out and they continued the party as 12 of them piled in the room next door.

Needless to say, we did not want to spend another sleepless and terrifying night in the hotel. After some persuasion, the hotel finally agreed that our experience constituted a good reason to cease our stay and we were not charged for the remaining nights that we were supposed to stay there. Frankly, I don't think we should have paid for the night before considering we got virtually no sleep, but we left without pressing it, just happy to be out of there. (If you're curious, the group causing the ruckus were full grown adults.)

Admittedly, the awful incident was probably isolated and not the norm at the hotel. However, I still wouldn't recommend the place because my room smelled liked smoke, water leaked into my bathroom from the bathroom in the room on the other side of the wall (where the partiers were audibly throwing up, etc...) and the room was rather cold.

The hotel has a decent location and is cheap, but in all years of travel (including staying at some dodgy hostels and hotels in AC and Vegas), I've never had a worse experience at an accommodation. I can laugh about it, but it doesn't mean I'd want to go through it again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank allinyc123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My 3 other friends and I truly enjoyed our stay and the room and service was better than expected. I must really comment on the hot water which we are really very pleased. The toilets are a little cramp but it isn't really bothering any of us cause we were on budget and this is one of the better budget hotels that we came across. There's a small lift and it really helped us a lot because we were having a lot of difficulty pulling it.

we arrived quite early in the morning and the room wasn't ready. But we were able to put our luggages in the lobby and when we came back it was already ready in our rooms. So thumbs up to the service! Every morning the staff would greet us as we leave the hotel. They are really humorous too. The location is absolutely fantastic too as it is near the metro. Would come back to this hotel again if I were to visit Paris! :)

Merci!

Room Tip: Good price for a budget stay ;)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Paris Bruxelles with my partner, sister and Mum in the large 4 person room and we were all surprised at how much space there was. It had two large balconies that could be opened, TV and en suite bathroom that was somewhat on the small side. It had great water pressure and was hot all the time any of us used it and the owners were very happy to provide additional towels when required.

It's a quaint hotel, rough around the edges and perhaps in need of some refurbishment but the staff were helpful, the prices fair for central Paris and split between us, and nearby to Republique Metro station. It was roughly 25-30 mins from Gare du Nord and easily found and safe to walk from around 10pm in the dark.

The beds were a bit squeaky but generally fine and all of us slept reasonably well. It was clean, tidy and just what we needed for a couple of nights. Any more and I think it would be have tricky. There's no luxury although the building has lots of character with a central staircase. Be warned the lift is very small so if a group of you are staying for a couple of nights, it'll take a little while for you to get into the rooms!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tim_corke
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a nice stay here, good value rooms and nice and clean. The owner was very friendly and helpful with tips. Location is convenient for metro or not too far a walk to attraction like Pompidou or Notre Dame. Good places nearby to eat in the evening. Breakfast is very basic French style with croissant,baguette, juice and as much coffee as you want? We liked that just fine but if not plenty of cages nearby. Would recommend for familiesor people on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank goodletmelb
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 adult daughters, excellent service, only 4 stops on metro from Gare De Nord. Staff couldn't be more helpful, clean hotel, wifi available (additional costs). Would recommend and use again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Schweinfurt, Germany
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here last minute on a trip last summer. It was a wonderful accident to find this hotel, the desk clerk spoke good english and was very helpful. The room itself was simple, but nice. Our room had a balcony, and a clawfoot bathtub. We were given free wifi also. The room was clean and close to Gare du Nord, only about a five minute walk from the metro. Gare du Nord is a great connection metro station that connects you easily to the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs Elysee, and many other sight seeing spots. So location wise, it was a wonderful spot for people on a budget. Breakfast was simple also, a croissant, cheese and fruit with coffee, but free. I will surely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Brittany H
Frorup, Denmark
Reviewed September 28, 2012

not a nice hotel, but if you don´t care of comfort its a great place, for cheep money.....and in the heart of one of the best places in the evening, with a lot of people and a lot of places to party...nice place for young people....school classes are staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank frederikke h

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels