“lovely staff and good location”
Review of Alane Hotel

Alane Hotel
Ranked #845 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the Alane Hotel 4 nights, very close than Gare du Nord train Station and close than METRO and walk down Boulevard de Magenta.The room was very small , had a safe for valuables, but ... big noise from the next door neighbor and elevator. All areas were clean and the staff were pleasant ,maps and other information were provided at reception. This was our first time in Paris .

Room Tip: we do not know if there is a good or better room than our former room.....
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel was easy to find from the train station and was well presented. All areas were clean and tidy and the staff were pleasant. Maps and other information were provided at reception, where staff were happy to offer further help.
Room was neat and tidy, very clean and had a balcony. Room also had a safe for valuables which was easy to use.
Breakfast on a morning was fresh and service was great.
Overall the stay suited our needs, was comfortable and was in a good location for accessing the local area, transport and for our return journey back to the airport. Location may be a little far out from the centre for some people, however we didn't mind walking and using metro etc!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank LizTripper
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed at the Alane Hotel for 3 nights, very close to Gare du Nord train station under 10 min walk. Come out of Gare du Nord train station and walk down Boulevard de Magenta when you see a Mc Donalds on the corner walk another 2 mins and you arrive at the hotel.

The room was small we had room 61, which was on the top floor (loft). The room was a weird shape, like an M shape there was a single and double bed. The room was fine, slightly on the small side especially the bathroom. If you are really tall this is definately not the room for you as its the loft so the ceiling slopes.

Our package included breakfast at the hotel, which is in the basement. Everyday was the same, one crossiant, half a baguette, small glass of orange juice, coffee or tea and a yoghurt. Basic but enough to fill you up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 558winnie
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our first time in Paris and was not sure where to book. I was a little apprehensive . I wanted this to be special as it was for my wife's Birthday. Well there was no need to worry it was really close to the eurostar and metro. On arriving we were greeted by Claire who was so friendly and helpful, she made us feel welcome and at ease. We left our cases as we were a little early and went for a drink. The rooms were a little small but very suitable for our purpose and very clean. The restaurant was quite small and I would say if you are on a time schedule then get in there early as you may have to wait sometimes as it gets busy,that said it is again very friendly and easy going.The area we found to be ok, like any city you need to have your wits about you but we were walking around at 1am and had no problems. Claire was very helpful and knowledgeable throughout, nothing was to much trouble, also there is a great restaurant just by the station called au baroudeur, fantastic meals, would we stay there again, the answer would be yes indeed, Great price Great people Great holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bazookajoe90
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very easy to get to from Paris Nord. Very friendly on reception and free wi-fi. I was only there for one night and came home late a little the worse for wear, so not really fussed. I just want clean and safe. Lucky I was a bit drunk as my room was right on the main road which is very noisy, especially earlier on in the night. The area is fine though. It's a pretty basic hotel but I think excellent value for the price. My mate paid the same for a hotel a mile or so away and it sounded a right dump. The Alane is clean and modern. Would stay there again. Breakfast was bit of bread and some butter. I went down the road for a McDonalds. The hotel is still very good value.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the main road. If they have them?
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my first solo trip abroad and one of the hardest decisions to make was the choice of hotels. Based on average reviews I'm pleased to say I chose wisely and for those looking for a reasonably cheap and comfortable stay in Paris then this is a nice place to settle for a few days.

After getting lost for 1/2 hour (long story) I made my way to Gare De L'est and saw the beautiful sight of Saint Lawrence church and across the road was Hotel Alane, a big but small building in Paris that perhaps doesn't look visually brilliant from the outside but the inside is very clean modern and the staff spoke brilliant English and were able to help with my terrible French speaking.

The room I stayed in on the top floor was quite small, had 2 beds, a good TV, shower and toilet were small and quite cramped but was manageable. I could hear a lot of noise from next door and from the main corridor. Personally it didn't bother me much but just wanted to advise. There is just the one main lift which is very small so if you carry a lot of luggage you may need a couple of lift rides!

The BIG issue I had was my phone battery dying. Desperate to get to my room to plug it in I had forgotten there are different sockets to the English ones! Thankfully I was able to find a computer shop down the road and purchased an adapter for 5 euros. Side note if you want to use your phone abroad check phone specs and contracts etc before leaving, my EE phone wouldn't work.

Breakfast consists of one really nice lady rushing round in a small ground floor looking after you with a couple of croissants, a plain yoghurt, optional cereal and fruit. Drinks orange juice, tea or coffee.

Tourist info available from main desk one member of staff was nice enough to walk me through the metro systems and gave me a brilliant map.

Hotel location is very good, I walked everywhere. Metro is right outside to (1.70 euros for one ticket!) 10 minute walk to Gare Du Nord, 30 minute walk to River Seine, 20 minute walk to Sacre Coeur, an unbelievable place.

Overall Hotel Alane is quite basic but it is comfortable, a good price and the staff service I received was the most pleasant and friendly I think I've ever experienced

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The reception staff very friendly and helpful, throughout our stay. The rooms were small but no complains, afterall its a budget hotel, comfy bed and clean room and washroom. On our last day, our flight was late in the evening, so the reception staff was happy to keep our luggage up until 9 pm, that too with a smile! Plus, the hotel is only 2 minutes walk from the Gard Est Station, and around 7 minutes walk from Gard Nord Station. So pretty good location. There are a lot of restaurants and cafes around that area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple