“Excellent food and atmosphere”

TUK TUK : Thai Street Food
Ranked #502 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai, Street Food
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TUK TUK Thai Street food : Hot food, cold drinks, warm service.... Thai-French team providing you the best service for cheap, modern and very tasty real Thai food! Sit in or take away.
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here one week night, looked it up on tripadvisor and decided to go even though it wasn't in our particular area of Paris, and it turned out to be well worth the visit.

Didn't make a booking, we arrived with only 1 other table occupied and by the time we left the place had only a single table free. The dining room is dimly lit for an intimate experience, and although busy at the end, the waitstaff did not compromise on their fantastic service.

Food: top notch Thai. Had Tom yum soup and Thai green curry. Both were delicious and well spiced: our waiter asked before hand if we wanted it Thai spicy or not, which we did.

Wine: they have a very small wine list but the wine selected (a Bordeaux red whose name escapes me) nicely accompanied the food.

Price: Very reasonable for the quality of the food and service. Off memory around 7-10 EUR for a main (+1-2 EUR for rice).

If you have a craving for some quality thai good while in Paris, I'd strongly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had a nice dinner , with fresh food. The main dish was to spicy for my wife and they immediately changed it for a new one , less spicy.
Very good value for many and fasten service!

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited on a busy friday night just before Christmas. They were almost fully booked but were extremely accomodating, helped with the menu (their English was far better than our attempts at French!)and offered us the wasabi peas while we waited for the next available table. A short 15 minutes later we were seated and ordered straight away.

Our food arrived in under 5 minutes; my husbands chicken wontons were crispy and delicious. I ordered the green papaya salad which was good but could have been a bit more authentic with more lime juice and chilli! It was delicious nonetheless and generously portioned.
Our green and red curries were both excellent, they even asked us for our spice preferences. The only small complaint we have is their rice portions are a bit small, half of what I'd normally expect.
All in all a superb experience; come for tasty food and fantastic service. Thanks Tuk Tuk!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Loved this place! Really nice and friendly owner/staff. Food was fresh and tasty, especially the phad thai and special egg fried rice. My parents are not usually fans of Thai food, yet they loved it too. Big portions and reasonably priced for Paris standards. Very busy place so book ahead. Only complaint was that its way too dark in there! Must try though!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I went searching for Thai restaurants for a weekend visit to Paris and found Tuk Tuk on TA. I had high expectations based on the reviews and I was not disappointed! I loved the bustling atmosphere of the restaurant on a Friday night, the food had great flavor, and the staff were very kind about explaining menu choices in English. The price is incredible for Paris and very reasonable compared to what I'm used to in the States. Can't recommend this place enough!