“Lovely Thai dining experience”

TUK TUK : Thai Street Food
Ranked #503 of 17,871 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai, Street Food
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TUK TUK Thai Street food : Hot food, cold drinks, warm service.... Thai-French team providing you the best service for cheap, modern and very tasty real Thai food! Sit in or take away.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Decided to head for this Thai restaurant based on its good tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Easy to find from metro, very friendly welcome and cool interior with relaxed feel. Nice interior touches with lighting and Vogue Thailand in the loo!!
Service was really attentive - for example we were sitting at a table by the door and the staff made sure when people left and entered it was closed quickly so we weren't cold. Food was absolutely delicious (especially the wonton and tofu) and nicely presented. We went for a set menu which was well priced.
To top it off had a lovely goodbye from the friendly owner. Wonder if I have convinced him to open a restaurant in Scotland? Hope so!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stylish & cosy place with very good food. People are nice and helpful and also recommended a nice wine. The price level for Paris is fantastic. Can highly recommend it!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Make reservation!! I didn't and it was completely full around 1pm and had to wait for around 20 mins. Being a native Asian and having lived in NYC, the food was good but not impressive. My Pad-Thai was decent, but I liked more my friend's Green Curry with rice. Staff was very friendly. During busy hours the service was a bit slow and it was a bit too noisy for talking.

HoldenRaynaud, Propriétaire at TUK TUK : Thai Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello DingDongSum,

Thanks for your comment. Happy to see that a native asian gave us 4 out of 5 ! At TUK TUK, all the team, from the cook to the waiter are thai natives.
Phad Thai is one of the main dishes in Thaïland. and every region makes it his way. We have the TUK TUK way, which is really appreciated by our customers. And we are improving it everyday ! So, hapy to see you liked it, and we hope next time to impress you more !
And i'll make a confession : you're right, green curry with rice is also my favourite :)
About the service and noise, at lunch there is a lot of office people coming to eat and the restaurant is alsways full, we admit that ! On the other hand, for dinner, we really try to have a soft sweet atmosphere with limited light, cold drinks, hot and delicious food, and warm service...
Hope to see you soon again !

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Whilst in Paris for a weekend my fiancé and I really fancied something different to the over common French brasseries. We checked Trip advisor and stumbled across Tuk Tuk and we are so glad we did. We took our chances and turned up just after 7pm on Saturday evening, and although fully booked they managed to find us a table (I highly recommend booking in advance as a number of walk-ins were left disappointed). The menu is simple, green curry, chicken and cashews, pad thai, rice etc but the quality of the food was second to none. The restaurant itself is fairly small, but once busy the atmosphere is fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel and we will visit again when we are next in Paris.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My work friends and I wanted to try something different, since we were visiting Paris we checked out Trip Advisor which showed Tuk Tuk. What a great place! The food we had was excellent and the servers were excellent as well. This place was packed, so I would recommend a reservation as it is not very big. A very good experience and it is a great find at a reasonable price in central Paris.