“Nice short interactive tour on the history of Perfume”
Review of Fragonard Scribe Museum - CLOSED

Fragonard Scribe Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our perfume museum, which opened in 1983, occupies a charming Napoleon III town house built in 1860 by Lesoufaché, a student of Garnier. The decoration is entirely of that period. Here you can discover a wonderful collection of perfumery objects that will take you traveling through the ages. We will be delighted to welcome you for a free guided tour of this prestigious museum just a few steps from the Opéra Garnier. Open from monday to saturday from 9 am to 6 pm Open on sunday and holydays from 9 am to 5 pm
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The metro to get off is Opera. Right down the road from the American Xpress office.
The tour is free and we had a english speaking guide. She told us about the history of perfume, with pictures and actual antique bottles and stills. We had a perfume smelling toast , which I failed miserably.
The end of the tour takes you into the retail shop. Were of course they want you to buy something.
But there are some good deals. Small sized made in France soups, lotions and tonics. Some for 10 Euro or less. Which make for great presents, that also fit in your luggage

2  Thank Adam B

Reviewed June 1, 2013

It is good to be a part of museum of perfumes however time you got to explore is not enough (you only follow the guide and next thing you know is shop to buy perfumes). Perfumes are expensive and not worth spending money for (I spent Euro 280 and an really feeling for it, as the perfumes are not as good as they promise.

1  Thank kumargaurav01
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's not a big museum but more an interesting exhibition of the history of parfume making by Fragonard.
The visit is free of charge but you have to join a guided group so maybe you'll have to wait for a while till the group will gather (we waited for about 10 minutes).
The highlight of the visit and the reason for it's being free of charge is the visit to the store at the end. The guide will explain a liitle bit and let you smell few of Fragonard's creations and then give you a chance to buy.

1  Thank RachelTelAviv_Israel
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Fragonard have produced perfume for some 90 years and at the end of the museum tour there is a shop selling their products. The museum is in a beautiful building and has interesting information on the production as well as lovely old packaging and advertising. Staff in the shop are very helpful and you can try everything without feeling obliged to buy as there is no hard sell.

1  Thank christine k