“How to ruin a trip to Paris: by staying here”

Hotel Concorde Montparnasse
Ranked #712 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Syracuse, New York
“How to ruin a trip to Paris: by staying here”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had such an unpleasant experience at this hotel. Starting with the desk people who did not want to be helpful to my having to move my own luggage to a new room due to noise to not getting a wakeup call as scheduled and finding out that I was "checked out already". No wifi, a room at the farthest possible point from the front desk, and being so far away from all the sights of Paris that I spent large amounts of time on the metro (which I kept getting lost trying to find). I have very little positive memories of my trip unfortunately as this kept being an unhappy experience every day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jen B
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Jen B,
I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay in Paris.
I am surprised with your comments about the Front desk staff and the Luggage porter since we provided a special service of concierge to our guests in past December. Moreover, a porter is especially dedicated to our guests and makes its best to assist them immediately if not busy with other guests.
The Wifi encountered some difficulties that are being resolved by our maintenance team. The wake-up calls are computerized but in case of any incident, calls are made manually.
The majority of our guests is very happy with our hotel’s localization to main tourist attractions. I am extremely pleased to inform you that we are closed to the Invalides, the Eiffel Tower, St Germain des Pres and the Champs Elysees (less than 15 minutes from the hotel by public transports). I invite you to check the RATP website (Paris Transport) and verify yourself the transport time from Montparnasse-Bienvenüe or Gaïté stations.
Well, the Montparnasse area has a rich cultural and artistic past. The shops, bars and theaters of Rue de Rennes, Rue d'Alesia and Rue de la Gaîté are just steps away, as is the famous Montparnasse Tower. Our neighborhood has many strengths that could make you enjoy your stay and build a pleasant experience.
Our Front desk staff would have been very happy to assist you with your transportation or cultural and shopping needs : do not hesitate to ask them for advice next time.
We hope to welcome you once again on your next trip to Paris.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We (me, my wife and 6 aged child) stayed 4 nights at this hotel in a luxury room.
The room was adequately big for all us and very clean and luminous, the service very good and the staff helpful and kind.
The hotel is in Montparnasse that is clearly not in a central position but very well served by metro (5' at foot from montparnasse metro station) so it's very good for visiting all the hot places with just one or two metro.
Petit dejuné was very good with a good quality buffet and we enjoyed it very well.

Some clochards at Montparnasse station but never encountered any kind of problem.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Massimiliano N,
We are really glad that you fully appreciated your room, the quality of service and the breakfast buffet at Concorde Montparnasse. It would be an honor to have you back again.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We booked this hotel as we were meeting a team of cyclists doing a London - Paris ride who were supposedly staying here when they finished. Unfortunately, last minute, they were put up in the Pullman Paris Montparnasse instead (which was far, far nicer!) meaning that we need not have booked this hotel at all. Firstly it wasn't cheap to stay here. And secondly for the price we paid, I don't feel we got a lot in terms of quality.

The hotel is tired looking. It could really do with a facelift when competing with so many other modern hotels in Paris. When I arrived at my room, there was an overpowering stench of smoke. I phone reception to check that I had booked a non-smoking room and they informed me that all rooms are non-smoking. Obviously this room, once-upon-a-time, was a smoking room and the smell has absorbed into the carpet, curtains and so on. I was moved to a different room, with a view of the Eiffel Tower which was nice, but it was very evident that someone had gone in the room before me and spritzed air freshener/perfume to disguise any smells.

Though the location was good for what we needed, if I were in Montparnasse again, I would book elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Imisc,
Thank you for your comment.
We collaborate with the group mentioned in your comment for years. For your information, the move was anticipated and approved by the group three weeks earlier.
Our hotel has indeed a contemporary style, all of the rooms were refurbished in 2012. As you mentioned, the hotel has become a completely non-smoking area since two years and we rely on the public-spiritedness of our guests to respect this standard. However, if not the case, we use a specific cleaning for the room and we strive to offer a room move to our guests for their comfort, as we did during your stay.
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

a typical normal business hotel , but right next door to montparnasse so handy if you need to get an early train.
Rooms percectly fine and normal, free wifi available
Breakfast - you have to ask for omelettes or eggs, the supplied scrambled eggs are pretty terrible, and its the standard stuff for french breakfasts
to get to the station rurn right out of the hotel and go in through the car park/ taxi entrance, and you can top up your navigo or buy train tickets at the machines there, go down the steps to tthe right platform and youll be at the front end of the train
the staff at the desk are always very helpful, but bookings can go astray

Room Tip: ask for a room by the lift so you dont have to walk miles
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Kenneth W,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the location , the room and the front desk office of Concorde Montparnasse.
On the hot Breakfast buffet, there are actually omelettes but to meet the demand of our guests we also offer various cooking such as boiled eggs, fried eggs and scrambled eggs to satisfy the greatest number.
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 4 nights alone for the Christmas holidays.This hotel is very nice and perfect,the room and bathroom very clean, staff very helpful. high-speed WiFi in my room and also tea and coffee and some cookies
really good location,close to metro station Montparnasse. I really loved the location and this hotel.
breakfast is so good and also the bar in grand floor is very nice . i ordered delicious sizer salad and also 1 bottle red wine in my room after 5 min i got them with very good services.

Room Tip: some rooms has a Eiffell Tower View
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Farnooship,
It is such a satisfaction to know that all our services reached your expectations! Be sure your comments will be communicated to our entire staff. It is also nice of you to share your pictures: don’t hesitate to post them on Flickr Website!
Looking forward to welcoming you once again, Regards.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is convenient located a Montparnasse with a very close connection to the Major airports in Paris. Close to the Rue Gaite full with nice restaurants and some rooms has a Eiffell Tower View.
Just a note the wi-fi is too slow i don't now why they bother with it.

Room Tip: The rooms at top floor has a Eifell Tower views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sergiosydney
BRUN0_R0BERT, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Sergiosydney,
Thank you for this pleasant comment.
We are sorry about the slowness of Wifi. Unfortunatly, our system has encounted some difficulties during your stay resolved from that time. Please note that apart from the rooms, we do offer free Wifi in all common areas.
You can indeed admire the Eiffel Tower view from some of our Superior or Deluxe rooms; don’t hesitate to contact us on your next trip to make sure you get one of this rooms upon availability.
I hope to see you next time you visit Paris.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week with my partner over the Christmas holidays.

Couldn't really fault the hotel at all, this hotel is for people who want a really good location to explore Paris.

I really loved the location, literally up the road from the Montparnasse train station where you can get a connection to anywhere over the city in minutes.

Also, we got the air france bus from CDG airport and it dropped us off practically outside the hotel, this was very handy.

We booked a standard room, which was a very good size and nicely decorated, we didnt spend much time in the room as we were out exploring but I found it to be perfect for us, i heard rumors that Paris hotel rooms were very small but this one was the same size as most UK rooms. The maid came every day and did a good job.

The breakfast was lovely and had lots of choice, everything you could want, from fried meats, to continental.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again as it was reasonably priced, had a nice breakfast, nice room, and we loved the location, Montparnasse is a lovely area, far enough away from the main tourist attractions so its not overcrowded, and Montparnasse has lots of lovely bars and restaurants.

We even walked to the Eiffel Tower one day, was a nice down hill walk and seemed to take no time at all.

One thing that I would like the hotel to change would be the selection of English TV channels, I no people always say "you dont go to Paris to watch TV" but I do enjoy to watch TV before I go to bed and after a long day exploring, there are a few news channels and 1 disney channel, quite boring for a young couple without kids.

Im sure we will be back soon :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alex D,
We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Concorde Montparnasse.
As you have mentioned, our hotel is very well located next to the Gare Montparnasse (300 m from the hotel), which counts 4 major metro lines. You also can find the Gaîté station which is same distance as Montparnasse station but smaller, where you can reach the major tourist attractions such as the Champs Elysées, the Louvre Museum, or St Germain des Prés in only 15 mn.
The hotel already offers a package of 54 channels to meet different nationalities (English, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, German, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, Japanese, French). However, we took into account your comment and make sure English speaking channels variety will be improved in the future.
It’s a pleasure to hear that the breakfast and the housekeeping exceeded your expectations. Reading your comments motivates us to continue providing high level of services.
Furthermore, I invite you to discover our new restaurant menu available from the beginning of the month.
It would be an honor to have you back again.