“Very poor experience”

Hotel Concorde Montparnasse
Ranked #816 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent one night in this hotel, room 431 on September the 18th. The carpet was dirty in front of the bed, electricity plug off the wall above the table, and no iron room - I had to wait one hour in the morning to iron my shirt, asking several times for it at the reception, and got nothing in the end but poor excuses from the staff, with amused smiles and sighs. Just crappy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
concordemontparnasse, Directeur général at Hotel Concorde Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear David L,
I truly regret the inconvenience you experienced during your last stay. I am surprised by your remark concerning the carpet and I inspected the room 431 myself and it was clean. You can find irons in all our Deluxe rooms and the Front desk also has irons at your disposal. However, during your stay we have faced lots of iron request and we are so sorry that they were all in use… Please be assured that we set up corrective actions regarding the attitude of some of our staff.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to assure you of our best attention.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,215)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for about a week earlier this year. It is centrally located, easy to get around with metro, bus and train. If you need the transportation from the airport, there is a shuttle bus of Air France that stops next to the hotel, it covers both Orly and CDG airports.
There are mainly 2-3 sides that you can face during your stay. I like to have a view normally. So I asked for a room with the view. But guess what, since they give you the view they don't give you the space! The room was extremely cramped :) You can barely stand up and walk 3-4 steps before reaching to your bed. You can not even use both sides of the bed since one side is put up against the window. Anyways, I felt like it did not give what I paid for. There are other rooms though with the courtyard view which are more spacious. Bed was nice. Breakfast buffet was also variant and healthy. Overall it is an ok place to stay if you need to be in the perimeter. Otherwise I would think twice before making up my mind to stay there.

Room Tip: there is no Eiffel view unless you lean on to the window and try to reach out of the windows. So it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Karacali,
It is a pleasure to read your satisfaction about the location of our hotel, the comfort of the bed and the quality of the breakfast. However, I am a bit surprised by your remarks regarding the size of the room, which may vary according to the room type (Classic, Superior or Deluxe). Our rooms are between 18 and 22 m² and have a ceiling height of 2,50m in the room and 2,20m at the entrance, according to the 4 stars standards.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel we were told by travel agent that it was close to attractions, but it was good half hour,45mins walk away. The hotel was clean but the layout of the room was not the best I have been in you felt squashed. The reception was very friendly and helpful. The hotel had a bar down stairs which we had a drink in some nights. Near the hotel is eating places which is within walking distance. The room could do with bit of paint. We were on our honeymoon and asked for the bed to be made into double but when we got there it wasn't so had to ask for it to be done. Which they did but gave us separate duvets.? This hotel was ok if you don't mind walking a lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Emma B,
Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us continuing to improve our services. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the confusion with the double bed. Some of the tourist attractions are within walking distance but you would reach them faster by public transportation (between 5 and 10 minutes by subway or bus). I am sorry that one of our Front desk team members did not explain you the easier way.
I hope you will grant us a renewed opportunity to give you another image and services much improved.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was that there was no way to turn down the A/C. The lowest was supposedly 17 degrees (C), but it felt warmer and there was no way to adjust it down further.
The breakfast was very good and the wifi was free.
VERY close to Gare Montparnasse. The Air France shuttle to the airport is just down the street too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Bear1144,
We are very sorry about the inconvenience caused by the A/C. Our technical team works daily on the technical incidents in the rooms to solve them. I am glad to know the free wifi, the breakfast and the proximity of the Air France shuttle were at your convenience.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Overall we had a pleasant stay in the hotel. The only remarks I have are that there was a pipe leak in the bathroom, the Wi-fi wasn't working and the in-room food service was terrible. The buffet breakfast was terribly overpriced and the train station is not as close as I expected, especially after a long day sightseeing getting back to the hotel from the station was unbearable.

Room Tip: If you want wi-fi ask for a room closer to the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tivison,
Thank you for your feedback. Your different remarks help us continue improving the level of our services. I am sorry to hear you did not appreciate the special menu we served during this summer. The Boco menu is a concept between the container (which reminds the traditional French Foie gras container) and the dishes elaborated by six 2-stars of the Guide Michelin Chefs. I am pleased to inform you that we reduced the price of our buffet breakfast 3 € between 2011 and 2012. Please kno that we also offer a continental breakfast for 12 €, which is composed of one hot drink, one fresh juice, pastries and bread.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice hotel, located near train station, and near buss stop to bought airports. Room was very small for 4 stars hotel but very clean. Some of roos have view on Tour Eiffel. Friendly stuff, mostly front desk)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Karina Z,
Happy to know that you spent a pleasant stay amongst us. Regarding the size of the room, please know that it depends on the room type booked. Thank you for your compliments about the staff and the pictures you shared.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Well, I am back from my June 2012 stay at the Concorde Montparnasse Hotel. It was everything I expected and more from the helpful receptionists to the waiters in the breakfast room who were never too busy to get me a Cappuccino. I happily will be back again for 2 nights June 2 to June 4, 2013. Unfortunately, I first booked 2 nonrefundable nights (June 4 to June 6) so I will have to change hotels. I am another year older at 86 but not yet wiser.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Elizabeth S

Dear Elizabeth S,
We are extremely pleased to read that our services and our whole team reached your expectations.
Waiting for your next visit in June 2013!