“no place for clothes”
Review of L'Hotel

L'Hotel
Ranked #640 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 12, 2006

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are gorgeous, but there is not even a shelf on which to put clothes or luggage. The room was small but made unlivable because of the clutter of day to day living from the suitcase that had to remain on the bed or in the floor. I expected small and expensive, but at least usable.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
12  Thank louhoover

Reviewed June 27, 2006

We arrived to check into hotel, were shown to our room The Mistinguet Room only to find the air conditioning not working and the room had a distinct odour of stale cigarettes. We were offered a 15oEuro reduction and a fan.
As the temperature was 80 plus and there seemed no immediate possibility that the air con would be fixed we asked to move hotels.
They found us a place at a sister hotel Relais Christine, equally expensive but very nice and the air con worked.
This visit was to celebrate an anniversary so although they were very charming and helpful it was not really a good experience.

Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank MariechettedeM
Reviewed June 10, 2006

Very small room and very small bathroom, air conditioning didn't work, asked to change room and they said the rate would go from 280 euros per night to 600 euros per night, stayed one night and moved on down the street.

I have been to Paris and other places in Europe, so, I was not expecting a big room, but, this was, in a word, is "the pitts".

Would not recommend this hotel.

Walt Brown
Palm Spings, CA

Stayed: June 2006
12  Thank 991Wally
Reviewed May 19, 2006

Very good and comfortable, surrounded by art galleries in a quiet ara. Staff spoke very good English. Public rooms are pleasant and my room was small but comfortable with a goode bed and furniture. Paid internet rate of EUR 280 plus continental breakfast EUR 22, which is on the high side.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
10  Thank PFP
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed May 16, 2006

A truly special hotel. We found this from Herbert Ypma's Hip Hotel Guide, and it is truly an amazing place - the room was SERIOUSLY sexy; the whole feel of the place just awesome. The frienliest staff (by far) we've ever found in Paris. This is our new secret, and we'll always stay here in the future...

• Stayed: May 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
LONDON
Reviewed May 15, 2006

L'Hotel was extremely disappointing to me. The room we stayed in was 370 euros a night (breakfast not included), and at this price, l'Hotel doesn't deliver at all. The rooms are smallish and very stuffy. The carpet all over the place seems to have seen better days, and the fake plastic marble on the walls is downright horrible. The only nice touch is the central shaft, except that in the evening, cigar smoke goes up and into the rooms...
I could live with that though, even if at this price, I was expecting a MUCH nicer and elegant hotel. What put me off the most was the service, quite rubbish. There's no mini bar in the room and I was told at 11 PM I would have to come down if I wanted a bottle of water. The restaurant closes at 10 PM and the barman scoffed at me when I asked if we could have dinner at 10.05. On the next day, we had a 22 euro per person breakfast, and got charged 6 more euros because one of us had musli in a small plastic bag!!!!!!!
I'm French and that made me understand why French people have such a reputation for being rude, arrogant and unhelpful. But don't judge Paris by this place, you can get great service elsewhere, and bang for your buck in other hotels.
The ONLY thing I liked about this hotel was the great and very practical location. Is it worth it? Definitely not. If you're used to good hotels, 4 stars and above, stay away from l'Hotel. If you don't have anything to compare it to, it might float your boat.

Stayed: May 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 13, 2006

I stayed at L'Hotel for four days this past week. I stayed in one of the delux/jr. suite rooms on the 5th floor. (54) The room was very pretty and large. We also had a small balcony with a table and chairs. The bathroom was a total disappointment. The shower was very small and every time I used it water would go all over the bathroom. The shower curtain was really musty smelling and I could only get luke warm water. I thought this was a nice hotel I just feel that 640euro was alot to pay for this room. I expect alot more for that price. The hotel is in a good location, close to rue de buci where there are a lot of great restaurants. I have stayed at other hotels in Paris for the same price that I have enjoyed alot more.

• Stayed: April 2006