“THE BEST DURUM SANDWICH YOU WILL EVER EAT !”
Review of Urfa Durum

Urfa Durum
Ranked #1,134 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“THE BEST DURUM SANDWICH YOU WILL EVER EAT !”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

A good friend of mine brought me to this small sandwich place on the upper part of Faubourg Saint Denis street, to have a snack on one of four small tables inside. The owner is making his own dough, prepares durums himself and baking them in the owen. Everything is fresh and of excellent quality. It's ready in only minutes and you can taste it sur place with a large mug of ayran (fermentated and salted dairy drink), or take away. It's super tasty, low on fat, because there's no sauces, no lamb grease or fries like in other ordinary kebaps you can hit. Absolutely the best ever durum I had (and I tasted a lot of those across the continent). Prices are normal (5 - 7 euros a sandwich). For a quick on a go a place not to miss when in Paris !

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I must admit it was one of the best Durums that I have ever tasted as a Turkish person. I was in Paris for business and when I saw the place packed with French people then I decided to give it a try. I immediately recognized the quality of the meat while it was cooking a barbecue. They also make the durum from dough in front of you and your meat and vegetables wrapped with that fresh durum. I consider myself quite lucky to find such a place in Paris since I live in NL and there are no good Turkish meal in NL unfortunately. If you are somewhere close to Gare du Nord then give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Very fresh and tasty sandwiches”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading some good reviews, I tried this place and it was great for mainly two reasons: the bread is cooked in an oven right in front of you and the meat is cooked on a BBQ. Adding to that the sandwiches are very fresh and green with just a bit of lemon juice, perfect ! I reckon this is one of the best durum I have ever had and I tried a lot, lived in Germany too.

• Visited June 2013