Hotel Monte Carlo
$401
$199
$182
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$165
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewssacre coeurminute walkcourtyard roomwithin walking distancemontmartre areametro stationtourist attractionshotel is in a great locationmoulin rougeeiffel toweroperastreet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Nice little hotel! We were greeted by the owner and his wife -- both of whom speak good English and were very helpful. We arrived late morning so they held our luggage until the room was ready. This is a non-smoking hotel. The room was really tiny -- both of us could not walk around the room at the same time :) But -- it is PARIS -- all rooms are tiny unless you pay a small fortune. The hotel has a cat motiff -- it was cute and interesting.
There were renovations going on so by the time you stay there it will probably be done. Our room had been freshly painted -- the bad news is it still smelled slightly of paint (or it may have been from down the hall), the good news is it was clean. We asked for a room in the back so it was quiet.
The bathroom was clean with a good strong hot shower. The bed was great! I am a poor sleeper so a comfortable bed is important to me. We did not purchase the breakfast as we heard via tripadvisor it wasn't that great and there are a million bakeries everywhere that are fabulous. My husband would get a couple of cups of coffee in the morning at the hotel which cost a couple of Euros -- just to get us going. I felt safe in the area, but like any big city, stay alert to your surroundings.
We flew into CDG aiport and took the train to the hotel. On their website they suggest taking the train to Gare du Nord and switching twice before arriving at the hotel. ...which is fine unless you have luggage you are schelping up and down the metro stairs. I would suggest taking the train to Gare du Nord and taking a bus to the stop closest to the hotel -- it would minimize lugging suitcases around. The metro system in Paris is great -- you can get anywhere in minutes. It may take a day or two to get used to it though. We bought a 4 day pass so getting lost won't cost extra money :) It can be purchased at Gare du Nord. I would suggest getting a museum pass also.
Our second day there we walked to Champs de Elysees. It took about 20 minutes. The metro is about 5 minutes (strolling) from the hotel. The only people that stroll in Paris are the tourists. You have to be fast when riding the metro -- it's part of the experience.
What I liked the best was the value, location and the bed. The least was the size, but who stays in their room while in Paris?

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila F
Reviewed April 18, 2009

The Hotel Monte Carlo is in a very good location you are a 10-15 minute walk from Printemps and the big department stores and a 5 minute walk from Passage Jouffroy a 19th century arcade with an interesting mixture of individual shops and resturants. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful, the cleanliness is excellent. The rooms are en-suite, very bright and cheerful, but not giantic but what do you need for a 3-4 night stay! My husband and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2009

A génial! hotel Ok, ok rooms are small but this is not an import parameter for me as I find a unique service.

Breakfast, this is the problem I found it barely sufficient for such a lovely place, probably a parisian habit I have never remarked before.

Thanks to this hotel i discovered one of the best areas in Paris.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed March 28, 2009

This is a super budget hotel, I went here with my girlfriend and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is small but very clean and has everything you need for a short break.
The location is good - a couple of minutes from the Metro and about 20 from Gare du Nord. It's also just about 20 mins up to Sacre Coeur.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrahamBelfast
Reviewed March 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights/5 days at this hotel and were very happy. Excellent location in Montmartre, very close to 2 Metro lines, which in turn will leave you just minutes to the mayor attractions. Also,very to Gare du Nord and you can even walk to Sacre-Coeur, Place du Tertre and Pigale, where you you will find the famous Moulin Rouge. Check out the Chinese Noodle restaurant next to the hotel, and check out the specialty of the house: hand-made noodles. The concierge staff were very friendly and helpful. My wife took breakfast a couple of times, it was the typical french breakfast. Our computer connection worked just fine at the third floor. Our room was very spacious, small cozy bathroom and shower, we did not hear the street noise at all. Nice TV set with only french speaking programs, but who cares.....we didn't go to Paris to watch tv. We recommend this hotel to everyone, not fancy at all but it feels just like you were at home. We definitely will be back....not doubt!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple