Hotel Monte Carlo
$723
$703
$1,521
  • Pool
All reviewssacre coeurminute walkcourtyard roomwithin walking distancemontmartre areametro stationtourist attractionshotel is in a great locationmoulin rougeeiffel toweroperastreet
Reviewed March 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights/5 days at this hotel and were very happy. Excellent location in Montmartre, very close to 2 Metro lines, which in turn will leave you just minutes to the mayor attractions. Also,very to Gare du Nord and you can even walk to Sacre-Coeur, Place du Tertre and Pigale, where you you will find the famous Moulin Rouge. Check out the Chinese Noodle restaurant next to the hotel, and check out the specialty of the house: hand-made noodles. The concierge staff were very friendly and helpful. My wife took breakfast a couple of times, it was the typical french breakfast. Our computer connection worked just fine at the third floor. Our room was very spacious, small cozy bathroom and shower, we did not hear the street noise at all. Nice TV set with only french speaking programs, but who cares.....we didn't go to Paris to watch tv. We recommend this hotel to everyone, not fancy at all but it feels just like you were at home. We definitely will be back....not doubt!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2009

Dears, if you want a clean hotel in Paris, and i assure you that this is not an easy thing you'll finally find it at the Monte Carlo Hotel. It's still a 2 stars hotel but really confortable. it was really cold outside -5° degree but, when we were back from our trips, we were sure to have a nice and really hot room :).Sometimes we had to switch off the radiator.
The only thing is that you'll have to pay everything in advance at the check in.
The staff is friendly, and unfortunately we didn't find any cat.
Nice hotel for that price.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I stayed here for six days after Christmas and through New Year's. The rooms are very small, but spotlessly clean and quite cozy. The windows are double-glazed and you do not hear street noise when they are closed. The staff is incredibly helpful, and the breakfast is a good deal at 7 Euros. I had one of the rooms with a shared bathroom and both the toilet and the shower were always spotless.
The hotel is also very well located, with lots of shops and bistros nearby, and three Metro stops within walking distance.

The only negative is that the room was overheated and to cool things down, you had to open a window, which made things quite noisy. But overall, I would definitely stay here again and this is a real bargain in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2008

I've been staying at this hotel for several nights and am writing this review from their room while on my laptop just before I check out! There is 100% free wireless internet (ask at reception for the code) which you can access in your room - so it's perfect if you want to combine business with sightseeing.

The staff are friendly and speak English. I chose a double room with a shared toilet and shower, never had to wait to use either and both were clean. The room I chose was actually quite large by Parisian standards (maybe because it hasn't got a bathroom) - there is room for a desk, open wardrobe, comfy double bed, two bedside tables, phone, a washing basin, luggage rack and safe, and still room to do sit-ups! The safe was deep enough to fit my 15-inch laptop. The room overall was very clean, fresh and tidy.

Cons are few. The lift is rickety and gives an almighty jolt as it hits your floor which was disconcerting, and the breakfast is, in my opinion, overpriced so I didn't choose it (there are many restaurants and creperies outside and it's very close to the Blvd Haussmann and several Metro/bus stops). Also, the TV doesn't have English cable channels, but this is no big deal when there's so much to see outside (and free internet). But if you're with kids, don't channel surf at night as you may get a "surprise" - it appears some of the more adult channels are not censored.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2008

I spent three nights at this Hotel in December for a getaway with my girlfriend. As most of the other reviews state, the rooms aren't huge, but are perfectly adequate given the price. Rooms were cleaned every day and were well heated.

The location isn't too bad- a couple of Metro stations within 5 minutes and the centre of town within walking distance.
The staff were universally friendly and can speak sufficient English.

The rooms were advertised locally as being 160 Euros per night; the hotel doesn't justify this sort of money. I booked via an intermediary on the internet and paid considerably less as part of a package. At approximately 50 Euros per night, the place is outstanding value.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to a friend and would happily stay there again in the event of my returning to Paris.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple