Hotel Monte Carlo
  • Breakfast included
$201
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssacre coeurminute walkcourtyard roomwithin walking distancemontmartre areametro stationtourist attractionshotel is in a great locationmoulin rougeeiffel toweroperastreet
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and I went on Nov 2013, here are some of our impressions:

- Excellent location: The 9th arrondissement is a nice place to stay at. Plenty of places to eat, lot of art galleries, there are 2 metro stations near the hotel (Paris metro is really easy to use once you get to know it)

- Price: It was the best deal we could find, besides, I think Hotel Monte Carlo will give you the parisien experience you are looking for. Many other hotels like Ibis are a little more expensive and are very generic in terms of decoration.

- Bedroom: Small but cozy. We booked a double bedroom with street view. I found the room to be a little hot at night, even when the weather outside was like 6 C but nothing opening the window wouldn't solve.

- Bathroom: Also small, the shower was a little difficult to handle, cold water comes in ice cubes, hot one will peel off your skin. But I didn't even care, everything else will pay off for this little detail.

- Staff: Very helpful, they really helped us with directions, how to use the metro, and places to visit.

In a nutshell, this is not a luxury hotel, the bed wasn't new, the room was small, but it was an unforgettable experience. This is a very cozy place!

Room Tip: The rooms with street view are quite nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teddy G
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a triple room facing the courtyard. It was very quiet. The room was very clean and the pillows were the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel. The windows were large and provided nice fresh air, but we also had fans if it had been too warm. The staff were friendly. We arrived late (11:30 pm). I had emailed them prior to our trip to say we would be quite late. When we arrived they called us by name and knew exactly who we were. They kept our luggage for no cost on the day we checked out.

The breakfast is very nice, and worthwhile, especially if you supplement it with some fruit and yogurt from the little market directly across the street. My son ate for free, which was an unexpected bonus! The wifi in the rooms was excellent.

The metro station is close, and the neighbourhood is pleasant and full of cafes and restaurants. I only wish we'd had more time to walk around and explore. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BeachObsessed73
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We were unpleasantly surprised by this hotel given the relatively positive reviews it seems to have received. The room was cramped, stuffy, and not overwhelmingly clean. The bathroom smelled of mildew. The street on which it is located is rather busy and noisy and the noise readily carries to the rooms. As others have noted the location is fairly good and convenient for metro access.

1  Thank travelfoodie4823927
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in a triple room. Very comfy beds, cute, unique decor, great location. Was able to walk down to the Louvre from the hotel. Good value for a stay in Paris. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Herbngill
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay in Paris. Close to the centre, large rooms, well decorated and spacious bedrooms. There are some excellent places to eat around, especially up towards Gare du Nord which seems more local. Metro is close and perfect for exploring Paris on foot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank NZYank1