“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Hotel Monte Carlo

Hotel Monte Carlo
Ranked #930 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our first trip to Paris and this hotel was wonderful to stay at. The room was typical of the city, or so I am told & lacked air conditioning which was a real issue with the heat in September. The fan that was provided bearly kept the room cool enough to sleep. That being said the hotel staff were all very friendly & helpful, the location so close to the Metro was a bonus. Awesome hotel & we will most certainly look at staying here again, when we return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Monte Carlo

Reviewed September 15, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel and we loved it again. It is very tastefully decorated, the staff are very friendly and it is in a great area of Paris with lots of good cafes, restaurants and full of character. Despite being quite compact, the room has everything you need and is perfectly clean. The mattress was very comfortable. It is worth paying the extra 10 Euros for a room facing the quiet green courtyard. Noticed very nice black-and-white pictures of cute cats on the corridors.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra for a room facing the courtyard as front rooms can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fidgetus
Reviewed August 1, 2012

What a great find. This very unassuming hotel was a delight. Located on a street with costume shops, second hand stores and many cafes it was close to two metros and some main thoroughfares.

We arrived too early to check in, but they were gracious and held our luggage. Natzlee (sic) at the front desk pointed us in the direction to a nearby laundry so we could get our clothes laundered while we were waiting for our room to be ready. We found a drop off laundry service (very expensive, but served the purpose) and then found a great Italian cafe for lunch. I wish i had the name of it. The only negative was that the laundry ruined two light colored pairs of pants and we didn't feel like wasting valuable vacation time over it. Afterall we were in Paris and there were lots of shopping opportunities.

We were a party of three and got what turned out to be the ONLY triple in this hotel. Room 202 the Shanghai room. It was very large and we had two singles pushed together plus a single against the wall. There was plenty of hanging space for clothing, lots of hangers and some shelf/cubbies. The bathroom was huge by Paris standards with very colorful tiles in yellows, reds and purples. A bit loud, but it sure woke us up in the morning. There were lots of shelves in the bathroom, but they could have used some hooks near the shower. They did provide a towel drying rack. The shower had plenty of water pressure and hot water. Always a welcome amenity. They provided some shampoo, soap and shoe polishing clothes. I found this funny as almost all the hotels we stayed at in Europe had shoe polishing clothes when we really just wanted a face cloth.

There was no airconditioning, but two large windows that opened up to the beautiful courtyard. A standing fan was provided and was used at night. The room didn't get too hot and uncomfortable. There is also a lift which was nice after long days of touring.

Breakfast was self serve continental with yummy croissants, yogurt, coffee and I believe cheese. My daughter loved the supplied nutella and had it on her croissant each morning.

The hotel must not be able to hang a large sign outside so you have to look for the brass doors and door frame with hotel name above. We were tired and took a taxi there and the driver almost passed it up.

We would recommend this for anyone staying in Paris who is satisfied with a safe, clean and well located hotel. If you can live without ac, room service, bell service etc. then consider this hotel. Also if you have a party of three make your reservations early as it was very hard to find triple rooms in Paris for the right price. And as stated before this hotel only had one triple.

Room Tip: If you need a triple room book months in advance.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zoesmom2
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed a week in this hotel and it was a great hotel! Thomas and Oxana are really friendly and so is their staff. I don't like big hotel chains so I was looking for something that was more of Paris setting hotel. This is one of them. The Room was the right size for up to two people even though it was a one person room that I choose to book. Wi-Fi made it up to the third floor. Room looked great with the colors and design. Had a room on the street which was nice, I was able to look out and take in the Paris mystic! Right across the street was a art gallery and a lovely lady was working on a painting which was really cool and made it even more authentic. I would recommend this hotel and next time I visit Paris I will be staying here. The Metro is not far from the hotel and you can catch it in either direction leaving the hotel. There were restaurants close as well. Great Hotel! Great Staff! Great Price! 10 stars in my book.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed 7 nights here and was happy with the cleanliness and friendly staff. The room was spacious enough for one person though the lighting was not sufficient so it was rather dark inside. The bathroom had a shower and sink, with the toilet being a shared on in the corridor. The shared toilet was very clean and well-maintained, with modern fixtures.

One problem was that one electrical plug was not working and the extension I had for the room fan was not long enough to use the only plug which was working. I was lucky that it was a cool period (even though it was in August) so I did not need the fan. I did ask for a longer extension chord and mentioned the malfunctioning plug but the problem was not addressed.

Overall good place to stay, only one block from the metro station, in a decent neighbourhood.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Can A
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was in pursuit of a reasonably priced, well-located hotel with a little charm. After hours of searching, I found Hotel Monte Carlo and it turned out to be just what I was looking for!
I was traveling with my brother and the website stated there were no twin rooms available for our date. Clearly we can't share a bed (cooties!) so I contacted the hotel directly and they managed to find me a twin room. Beware if you are a restless sleeper though--the beds are the narrowest I've ever seen! The room was very small but well decorated and on a great street. Lots of french charm. We had an en suite bathroom and our windows overlooked the street. Great neighborhood--many restaurants and shops and it felt very safe. While it was a bit of a hike to where we were headed, it was a good excuse to simply walk the streets of Paris and enjoy the scenery. No free breakfast but the wireless was complimentary. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends