All reviews arc de triomphe great location orange squeezer avenue wagram bath salts le bus around the corner metro station nice hotel tea and coffee making facilities comfortable bed air conditioning heart of paris main attractions rooms are small recommend this hotel quiet street
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2019

This could be a really great hotel. The location is good, close to the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. The staff were nice and helpful. Breakfast was really good with lots of choices. The rooms were pretty, and decently sized for Paris with a nice amount of charm. The reason for the lower rating is the cleanliness of the linens. The room appeared to be clean when we arrived, but when I picked up a towel after getting out of the shower I cringed. They smelled musty and looked to be several years old - grayish color with frayed hem. Then when i got in bed I noticed the musty scent of the pillow. I got the extra one from the closet - not much better. I will not return to this hotel until some improvements are made. It needs a face lift.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Passport816726, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2019

Dear April

Thank yu so much to take the time for the comment. We have already check all our inventory.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel to celebrate the new year. The check in service was great and warm. We got a free upgrade and free drink. The room was clean as was the bathroom. Great location and great and friendly service!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Direction-HPC, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2019

Dear Lisa

We would like to thank you for your very kind comment.
iT was really a pleasure to welcome you.

We wish you a wonderfull 2019 year.

Kind regards.

Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel on the older side but amazing location 1 block from the Arc and metro and RER access to all of Paris (also the same rer that takes you to Disneyland). The Air France buses from the airport stop 1 block from the hotel. Easy access to everywhere. Front desk staff was nice and the room although it looked rather old was well maintained. Unfortunately the cleaning staff were rude and the bathtub was stained and needed a good cleaning to remove mildew (hence only 4 stars). I very much appreciated the kettle and the free instant coffee and tea available in the room. There's a lot of pastry shops around to have breakfast and of course all of the Champs Elysee. Would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear JG?
We thank you so much for your very nice comment and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regads from Paris & amazing new 2019!

Reviewed December 16, 2018

I read all reviews, but still I wasn't sure about the rooms.
The room (Single) was big enough and had everything I needed
Safe, Air Condition, Hair Dryer....
Location was perfect, close to metro and Champs Elysee. The hotel offer a breakfast which is good enough, but for luxury breakfast I needed to walk 15 min to have my breakfast at "La Duree"
The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Definetely I will stay again at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Direction-HPC, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very nice review.

We wish you a great 2019 and look forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

On this, our seventh visit to Paris over the past 25 years, we stayed in the Arc de Triomphe area for the first time. My wife and I found it to be a great base location for the several locations we wished to visit. First off, The Princess Caroline was perhaps less than a quick five minute walk from the bus stop for Le Bus Direct which is one of the best ways to get to downtown Paris from the Charles de Gaulle Airport. The hotel is also just a few minutes walk from the Arch de Triumph, the Champs-Elysees, and from a nearby Metro station from which you can easily travel to any part of Paris your heart desires.. It was also an easy 20 minute walk to the Musee Jaquemart-Andre, one of our new destinations for this Paris visit.

Besides being a great location for the activities we had planned for this visit to Paris, the Princess Caroline offered reasonably good value, pleasant and helpful staff, and a good breakfast with the inclusive room reservation we booked months in advance. If purchased seperately, I believe the cost for breafast was 15 Euro, seemingly a bit high for what was available. The room was a bit small as is often the case at small, old boutique hotels in Paris. But the room was pleasant and adequate for our needs. The bottom line is that I would readily book the Princess Caroline on a future visit to Paris. But for sure, we are thanking our lucky stars that we visited Paris in September. It saddens us in December to see the current destruction and violence in the streets that we so safely and happily enjoyed just just a short time ago.

Room tip: Although the hotel is on a nice quiet side street, late-night week-end revelers and motor bikes nearby a bit noisy for a short time.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Direction-HPC, Directeur général at Hotel Princesse Caroline, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Dear Guest

We really thank you so much for your very kind comment so nice. Especially for the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards.