“Excellent food... plastic plates and cutlery?”
Review of Beytouti - CLOSED

Beytouti
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Description: Beytouti, "homemade" in lebanese, is a concept born out of a growing need to adapt the way we eat at our own pace of work without neglecting our health through what we eat daily. It aims to make you (re) discover the true flavors of food that can sometimes surprise you, through our rich and varied Lebanese cuisine and grandmother's revisited recipes. This is what we call "The Lebanese otherwise" At our place, the bread of our sandwichs is cooked on site, in front of our customers and served with all our dishes. What makes each preparation "unique" and our client satisfaction is our reward!
“Excellent food... plastic plates and cutlery?”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The place is nielty decorated and staff very friendly and helpful. The food is really tasty, especially the chicken, but I cannot help to wonder why they want to keep the place as more of a take away-restaurant than a real restaurant? People would love to sit properly, eat from plates with real knives and forks. They would propably have to charge a little more, I wouldn't mind, it's very cheap now.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Ullanc

San Diego, California
“Delicious, casual, affordable & friendly!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor for this "find"! Just what I needed!

I wasn't real familiar with Lebanese food but I had read the reviews about freshness & healthy cooking and that was enough to get me there.......add affordability in what is an expensive city and then the friendliness of the owner who took my order & was kind and spoke English ......and it's a 5+ out of 5 for me.

It took a few minutes of sitting with the menu to decide which direction to go (sandwich, combination of salads, etc). Basically you can pick and choose your meat & your sides/salads or choose a wrap/sandwich with what you like in it. The owner kindly explained the options in English with me.

I ordered the combination of 3 sides & 2 salads. The carrot salad & baba ghanouj were my salad choices and were great! I can't remember the name of the sides. One had spinach, another chickpeas. Enjoyed trying out new flavors. Couldn't eat it all & was able to get a top for the container & take the rest home. There is also an area in the front with food ready to go so I bought some hummus for my dinner at home tonight. One could easily go there and assemble a few items for a picnic or eating in. Everything is made fresh and if you look at the website you will see the concept is homemade, fresh & never having preservatives & unhealthy ingredients.

I'm staying in Paris for a month and I will be a regular here! Great to feel good physically after a meal, still have money in my pocket and to have been treated so kindly.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Deanne B
tucson
“What treat to repeat !”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Very rarely do I go to a place where the food & service is terrific. & consistent. The owner is more than consistent he's a professional! His personality comes through the quality of ingredients in his food very special. Everything is fresh and delicious, prepared right in front of you. He very helpful and passionate and friendly. He speaks English & French and is located in a great central area. He topped off our 2nd visit with the best coffee ever!! More room will soon be needed to accommodate his patrons for this excellent establishment.

2 Thank daytreker
Adelaide, Australia
“Pam M-K”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were greeted in a warm and engaging manner. We were helped, patiently, to choose our meal. The service was quick and efficient, the food arrived within 5-10 minutes of ordering. The food was fresh and delicious, and a good price.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Pam M
“Great food but cafeteria plastic cutlery and plastic TV dinner trays”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This was an interesting spot.
Owner is a true delight and very helpful. The food was very good except the Chawarma -overcooked tasteless beef strips.
The turnoff is the plastic utensils and trays and then all discarded! What about the planet?
Ambiance nil.