“Friendly Bistro with Delicious Food”
Review of Bistrot Pop

Bistrot Pop
Ranked #3,586 of 19,142 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

My hotel referred me to this place for a late lunch while waiting on the room. The place was lively/busy but I was greeted warmly and seated at the communal table right away. The staff was very attentive & friendly without being fake nor overbearing. The place also had an outside seating for smokers. Tucked into a mushroom soup, warm ham with crispy goat cheese, a bottle of sparkling water and a tiramisu in a glass to finish things off. Everything was delicious with the exception of the salad which could use a bit more taste to it. The total came to about 24 Euros.

One thing I especially appreciated. The salad came sprinkled with various nuts including sunflowers. After explaining to the wait person that I was trying to avoid nuts/seeds, the plate was token away and replaced with a new one without any hassles.

Keep up the great work.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Excellent staff and excellent atmosphere.Price level quite ok!
Try to share some on the starters and let them recommend you what's the best for the day.
I had an excellent duck magret with mashed sweet potatoes

Reviewed October 29, 2017

We came to Bistrot Pop by chance; we'd just checked in to our hotel around the corner and were starving. It looked inviting so we wandered in. There were Halloween decorations but they hadn't gone overboard. Inside wasn't massive but there were a few available tables. A very friendly waitress seated us and took our order very quickly and helpfully. The food arrived soon after and was lovely. The creme caramel dessert was a star - the best I've ever had (my mum was French and I've spent a lot of time in France & Paris in particular. Hight recommended!

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed very close to this bistro and found it on our first evening after arriving in Paris quite late. The decor and atmosphere is cool and relaxed. You feel very trendy and French just being here. As with most places in Paris there's tables out on the street where you can watch the world go by. I got the feeling this is a local spot rather than a tourist place.

The service was fast and fuss free. There's a good menu both in terms of food and drink. We had a croque monsuier which came with fries, mozzarella sticks and fried fish pieces, again with French fries. It was all lovely, my favourite definitely being the fish. The batter was light and crisp and the fish inside was soft and tasty - imagine the best fish finger ever. The food arrived very quickly and was very fresh.

This is great place to hang out, eat & drink!

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

I used to stop and enjoy at Cocoa Café. Bistrot Pop has succeeded to this popular spot and created a new attraction.
Large terrace on avenue de La Republique. Red canopy you can't miss. Refined interior design, white walls, dark wooden furniture and bar, vintage stuff. Busy atmosphere with some DJ sessions. Friendly staff. Classic unpretentious bistro food, fish and chips, beef tartar, fries, Brooklyn beer.
I like the place.