“Beautiful ”

Order Online
Ranked #1,980 of 20,696 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille
Description: Gentle Gourmet is the world renowned Founding Home of Vegan Gastronomy in Paris, established in 2009. We specialize in a generous and gourmet high-end cuisine, fresh, mostly organic and always innovative, with the objective of breaking down the stereotypes on vegan food. During the week, our establishment hosts the Gentle Gourmet Culinary Institute; on Friday evening we offer a constantly changing set themed menu and on Saturday and Sundays a day-long a la carte brunch and tea salon menu. Our ambition is to foster worldwide, a fundamental social change through which eating becomes an ethical act, symbol of refinement, solidarity and empathy.
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Delicious vegetarian food served beautifully. The restaurant is doing world cuisine weekends and it was Portuguese food the weekend we were there. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and they even put a candle in my cake for my birthday! Thoughtful service.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

The service was decent but we had to wait 30 minutes or more for the food to rive. The server apologised for the delay but the food is overpriced for the taste. The presentation is very good but food is below average and pretty disappointed in spite of the good reviews for the restaurant. Wouldnot recommend this for such high price.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for brunch on a Sunday. The menu is relatively limited but exquisitely executed. I had an NYC style brunch with ‘hollandaise’ sauce (can I get the recipe, please?) while my boyfriend opted for a much healthier Peruvian inspired bowl. Definitely recommend staying for dessert, my pistachio choux was delicious. We didn’t have any of the other pastries but they were serving vegan croissants and had an afternoon tea option alongside brunch on a Sunday.

The restaurant is relatively expensive but is seriously stylish. The staff are friendly and welcoming. There were a few locals but there were mainly tourists dining when we were there.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I can’t speak highly enough of this lovely vegan restaurant. My wife and I enjoyed the tasting plates over a most pleasant evening. All the food was delicately prepared and the presentation was spectacular. The colours were amazing and the food both delicious and filling. It seems many places think if you are a vegan you want either lentils or fast food. Not here; they got it exactly right ( though they do offer a burger if you’re interested).

Hard to pick a favourite though the cheeses were amazing. Whilst it’s probably not the cheapest place in town €200 covered our feast and wine. Do yourself a favour and visit. The staff are lovely too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

A a thirty year vegan I was looking forward to trying the food here. All three in our party thought the food was poor on taste, balance and over priced. The cheese starters were exceptional however it was mains that let us down. Presentation seems to be everything and the tartare dish was a mystery so much of a strange mixture that was meant to be tempeh +. Awful ribboned veg totally tasteless also. I left most of that dish and the waiter didn't even ask how my food was on collecting full plate! We didn't have dessert We wont be going back but may be some peoples cup of tea. Thought le Potager in Marais was amazing.

Date of visit: June 2018