“Jekyll & Hyde” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Bucharest, Romania
“Jekyll & Hyde”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was there 2 times, first in the evening and the next day at noon.
First time I was there the staff was extremely pleasant, very helpful and a real joy to talk with them (an black guy and an asian guy). They explained to us how the food was made, they seated us at a 4 people table in order to have more space (we were just 2 persons), overall great impression. The food was also very good, I would honestly recommend it to anyone (the galette's are delicious). The crepes are a little bit too sweet for my taste, but ok.

Then, we went to eat there next day at noon. Well, the experience was really different.
There was an asian lady and a tall asian guy. We made the first contact with the man, who was really OK. The problem was with the lady, thar had a bad attitude, and was really rude. Completely different experience, and of course we left no tip this time.

So, I would recommend the restaurant for the food, you just have to hope you will be served by the first guys.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Fun try if you have never had a Parisian crepe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

On our last night in Paris we decided to try crepes in Paris. We got lost and decided to try this place even though it was pretty much empty on a Wednesday night around 8pm.
Service was like any averagely priced to low priced restaurant in Paris, food didn't take a long time to come out to table, but service wasn't that great . But I think that may be a Parisian thing, the check takes forever to get to the table.
Food was okay fun to have a savory crepe the dessert crepe was okay we ordered the Parisian crepe and the American and the banana foster kind pretty bland but overall okay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Stereotypical French Rudeness”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stopped here after a dinner for a dessert crepes based on the TripAdvisor reviews. We asked a female inside if we could get a crepes for dessert and she said yes. Sat outside and ordered 1 crepes to share and some tap water. Waiter seemed surprised that we only wanted 1 but we were full from the dinner we just ate. A Female came out and ripped away all of my place setting and when I asked she rudely stated that no one orders 1 crepe and tap water. I kept asking if it was ok to share and she just said no one orders just 1 crepe and tap water. I said if we could not share, then we did not want to order anything and we would leave. She came back and slammed the silverware back on the table, then walked away. A French lady sitting next to us came over to our table and saw that we were confused and offered to speak to the lady in French for us. We just asked if it was ok to share and she said yes. The crepe was ok, nothing special. I joked to my wife that they would not take my credit card and sure enough she would not take it saying that we did not spend more than 8 euro. We just paid cash and did not make a scene. This was the only rudeness we experienced on our trip to Paris but it leaves the biggest impression. Save you money and just go to a street stand to get a crepes.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chad K
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Restaurant was one of 5 Stops in 3 days where we went to eat in paris and it was simply the best. Nice stuff, good service, delcious food and a lovely location. Top experience!

• Visited June 2013
Paris, France
“wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

A charming restaurant!
The pancake menus were delicious, the cider was refreshing, and the price was decent.
All this in a lovely decoration, and in a good mood of all staff. Simply amazing!!!

• Visited July 2013