“A wonderful surprise...”

Ranked #148 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
california
“A wonderful surprise...”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

we just arrived home and must say it was a pleasure being in this hotel, the staff was extremely attentive and couldn't do enough, our suite was a nice size based on Paris and truly decorated to the highest quality. The location is a 10 as its 25 yards from the best shopping street in Paris and just minutes from any place you want to go..we did the museums, restaurants, shopping all within minutes. I am a nut about clean places and since they opened June 10th they are spotless. so I have never ever done a report I am giving them the highest rating

Room Tip: if possible when you go try and see if by any chance you can get a Jr Suite if they might up grade y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank janrosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
belgique
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here for four nights this week and it was a true delight. Everything about this hotel is excellent. Beautiful design, luxurious rooms,....The staff is extremely helpfull and you are treated as if you were the only client in the hotel. Very personal approach. I can strongly recommend this hotel and will go back again whenever I need to be in Paris.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We Stayed there for a full week with my wife and our 1 year old son. Even our most remote hesitations for booking a boutique hotel for a family stay were swiftly wiped off. The Rooms are spacey, clean very well designed with character and without excess. The Location fantastic close to the very heart of the city. The food was truly amassing ... However the greatest germ of this five star jewel was the always friendly attentive Staff.. Traveling with an 1 year old is challenging and their assistance (from providing warmed water for his meals even at the oddest hours to their assistance for our transportation arrangements), have truly made our stay as comfortable and relaxing as it could possibly be. Architecture and facilities with character, Service being personal , food being great .... A trully great Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AndreasParpas
Westmount, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel based upon its location in Paris and multiple positive Tripadvisor reviews. I am a frequent visitor to Paris and have stayed in multiple 5 star-rated hotels in the 1st Arrondissement in the past, and this was my first time here.
The Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris is as strikingly beautiful as the photos on the web. The rooms are large by Parisian standards, decorated in rich dark colours with multiple Asian accents. Most importantly for me, the rooms are absolutely quiet, with high quality bedding. Even the very effective air conditioning is noiseless. The hotel has a quiet enclosed interior courtyard where one can dine - in the evening it becomes a romantic setting, ideal for a quiet conversation over supper. The hotel is nestled on a quiet street in the Saint Honore district, where there are multiple internationally known designer stores and art dealers. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to Metro Concorde and, as others have mentioned, well-located for joggers like me who enjoy running in the Jardin des Tulieries. There are many restaurants in the area - a mixture of tourist traps and local Parisian favourites as one would expect for such a popular tourist area. The hotel staff do not hesitate to go out of their way to accommodate guests and I would say that, in addition to the decor, the staff were for me the highlight of my hotel stay. They were very good at discovering my particular tastes in food and suggesting good restaurants for me in the neighbourhood.
The hotel advertises a gym, important for a lifelong exerciser like me. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing the gym is closed and undergoing renovation. There are gyms in the neighbourhood of the hotel but they all charge 50 Euros for a day pass, outrageously expensive by my North American standards. This hotel ought to consider buying year long passes to one of these gyms nearby - the Club Mediterranee - and giving hotel guests this pass as needed.
The hotel restaurant serves good suppers. Avoid the French continental breakfast which consists of orange juice, coffee, yogurt, one small piece of baguette and 2 small viennoiseries of - frankly - disappointing quality and freshness - for 30 Euros. I greatly enjoyed the fresh nut and raisin bread served once with my supper one evening - the breakfast staff actually found some more for me in the morning and served that to me with my omelette. Yum!
In summary, this hotel is clearly better than many other similarly-located and priced properties overall. I greatly enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to return in the future. With some adjustments in breakfast and some kind of gym arrangement this hotel would get global 5 star ratings and a rave from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ilona V, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear sir,

First of all, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.
We are happy to inform you that the fitness area has re-opened (accessible 24H/24) and the wet area of the wellness club (experience shower, steam room and massage rooms) will be opening by mid September.
We take note of your comments on our Continental Breakfast and will do our best to increase the level as this is our main goal every day.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again,

The Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris Team
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Learned about this hotel while booking on Booking.com. It had just opened up its doors and very few reviews to learn from. I was skeptical and wanted my first time experience in Paris to be memorable. I just went ahead and booked and when I got there what an unexpected beautiful paradise of a hotel we found. The service was impeccable. They greeted us with complimentary drinks at their lounge bar which was decorated over and above imagination. A beautiful inner courtyard in the open air was awaiting guests for their meals if they preferred dining outdoors. Again the décor was breathtaking. And now for the very best , our room . Wow !!! A king size bed, big flat screen tv with a remote control allowing it to rise fromits cabinet placed in front of our bed, Nespesso machine with a coffee selection, bathtub and separate shower, double sinks and all in top luxury and design. Breathtaking!!! Congratulations to all those who made our stay most memorable. We will be back for champagne soon!!! Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went to Paris for a romantic couple of days. The hotel is new and going through some teething, so that the internet was down for the first couple of days. But it is a good location near the Place de la Concorde which allows a run around the Jardin des Tuilleries in the morning. And the service was really personal, with staff going out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are also great, nicely sized and with comfortable bathrooms. Some of the controls are not self-evident such as the a/c and the lights, but the rooms are very well-appointed. It was a pleasure to stay.

Room Tip: As is usual, you can't get away from the noise of the dust men in the early morning, but that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrianValletta
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you don't mind a hotel in its infancy, then the Buddha-Bar Hotel is a good choice. Room sizes are good for Paris. Service is exemplary. Loved the oriental touches and the location off Rue du Faubourg Saint Honore is perfect. From the Concierge to the Waitress, all the staff were helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty quiet. We had a room facing the court yard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family