“Great vibes!”

St Christopher's Gare du Nord Paris
Ranked #8 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for two nights as part of a tour bus trip through Europe, room was comfortable enough for two but got a bit cramped when there were four of us! Breakfast was included and was very basic but all we needed. The best part was Belushi's which is the bar at the bottom! Had a great night there with a wicked band and reasonable drink prices! One minor issue was that our room was 3 floors up from the bar so when we went to bed earlier than closing time we could hear the band very clearly! But would definitely remember to stay here next time I'm in Paris!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SCT89
There are newer reviews for St Christopher's Gare du Nord Paris

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is my second stay in a St. Christopher's hostel, and I really enjoyed it! I stayed for just one night in a 10-bed room. The hostel is just a 5 minute walk away from Gare du Nord and the metro stop. The rooms are very nice and clean with comfortable beds and curtains on each bed for added privacy. Facilities are very modern and decorations are fun. There was a restaurant/bar connected to the hostel which was nice. Wifi works very well. Great for backpackers!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Really good hostel located super close to the metro and grocery stores. The privacy curtains on the beds and the USB plugs in the bedside table were an awesome bonus! All hostels should have these! The included breakfast was perfect and the bar was fantastic. The only downside: while the rooms were very clean, the bathrooms got quite messy by the end of the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Real good structure.. Comfortable place.. I recommend!

The breakfast was good and the staff helpful. Really well located, near Gare du Nord.

I stayed in a 4-6 bed dorm without problems.

Clean and modern.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noise during the Belluci's bar activity.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was VERY concerned when my friend suggested that we stay in the hostel but I was so surprised about nice quailty of accommodations. We got a 4 person room although we only had 3 people and that was due to paranoia so we just made extra to not have a stranger stay in our room. It's very close to the train station and we found our way around Paris without any major issues. The breakfast was lacking but being American in Paris it's understandable. I would highly recommend others to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2014

They stole my photo camera in a room that is supposed to be secured and I can't say that staff was helpful. They also stole some cash money from another guest staying in the same room. The other guest stolen and I had our goods hidden within our luggage which were locked inside the racks below each of our beds, and nobody was supposed to be able to enter the room but the 3 guests who paid to sleep there. This story happened more than 2 months ago, but, before telling it, I wanted to give a chance to the hostel staff to help me with this incident. It would be too long to tell everything here so, to make it short, I observe that a guy found a way to enter secured rooms as I can't imagine that staff would take the risk to steal such valued goods as my professional camera. Hostel tells me that the guy we identified as the main suspect was there legally but they don't bring any proof, and for sure the guy was not registered in the room I was: there was only 3 persons registered in the hostel reservation system, nevertheless a fourth guy, kind of strange, was in the room.
Anyway, maybe I was naive when I thought I could leave my camera locked in locker in a locked room for a few minutes during my breakfast, but it's sure I lost it forever and I have no way to replace it.
Otherwise this hostel has good infrastructure, confortable rooms and beds, but it is very enormous, almost 600 people everyday, and you really feel it. It looks a bit like a factory and you may feel like Charlie Chaplin in "Modern Times", as a small ant among hundreds in a big machine.
Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this hostel which is next to "Gare du Nord", statistically the most dangerous area in Europe. All a fauna operates around. As I mentionned, I can't say that staff was helpful. It took them more than a month to provide me with a proper response and to tell me they had identify the main suspect. It will remain to be seen whether this is true or whether this is an excuse not to tell me the truth...

Room Tip: Keep your money and valuables always with you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
23  Thank Dodu_Bunda
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hostel is good, the bar is very fun, every night has different theme nights,(karaoke, beerpong, bands). Includes breakfast (coffee, juice, bread, ham and cheese, jam, yogurt). But the location was not great, not close to any attraction, and maybe, during night, kinda un safe . be side, is close to gard du nord station, so easy to move everywhere

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo