“French food is for the adventurous”
Review of Cafe Juliette - CLOSED

Cafe Juliette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Description: Charmante brasserie familiale qui vous propose de delicieux menus differents chaque jours.
Sydney
“French food is for the adventurous”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Lovely restaurant with a welcoming atmosphere...but I am not adventurous with my food, so ordered lamb with oven-baked carrots. The carrots (3 big ones) were perfect, the lamb I sent back to be cooked as it was still too pink for my liking...I did ask for it to be well cooked. Even the desserts were too way out for me. so for 24 euros I wasn't impressed. But I must say the waiter who served me was very polite and conscientious.

Visited July 2012

Liverpool,UK
“Good food”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good choice of menu and wines,friendly & efficient service.Ideal restaurant if staying in Latin Quarter

Visited July 2012
Hasselt, Belgium
“Reasonable but wouldn't recommend”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We had steak frites and quail wrapped in filo with raisins, a bottle of water and two beers for €48,-. It was ok, but I wouldn't recommend. If you take a seat on the terrace you get a glimpse of the Eiffel tower.

Nuevo, CA
“Good food close to the Louvre but slow service”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife had the Lasagna and it was a decent size serving. I had the beef stew and it was good, however the helping size was not that great. The biggest drawback to the restaurant was the service. It was not busy at all but we waited over 10 minutes after being seated to even be asked about our drink choices. We waited almost 20 minutes after we were finished eating and they had cleared our plates and they still did not bring the bill until I got up and tracked the waiter down.

• Visited June 2012
Paris, France
“Mais qu'est-ce qui lui manque ?”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Coming back to Paris, I decided to go to eat to Les Fontaines. A very nice brasserie style restaurant in one of the nicest districts of Paris, just aside le Panthéon. A very good food as well, which is not that frequent in this district ; very traditional but without default. Prices are hight but I would say reasonable for this high value district and taking into consideration the quality of what you eat. So what is missing ? To my mind a simple but essential aspect : the human factor. It is the second time that I notice, in this restaurant, a kind of distant welcoming without any effort to welcome the customer. My message to the owner would be : try to educate your staff, as it is a pity to spoil the quality of your cuisine with such a basic problem which should not be so difficult to solve. I know the public image of many French restaurants (I should say parisian) but it is a reason more to try to modify the tendancy !

• Visited June 2012