“Great place to eat!! Yes for tourists too!!”
Review of Fuxia

Fuxia
Order Online
Ranked #9,193 of 20,708 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: 6th Arr. - Luxembourg
Neighborhood: 6th Arr. - Luxembourg
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

I have to totally disagree with a review I just read saying “tourist be damned”....

I have to say after being in Paris many times (English speaking American with little French skills) this has to be the friendliest service I have ever had~

My waitress was superb and also recommended a great salad (quinoa chicken salad) which was fresh and very good.

I thought the prices were decent for Paris, the atmosphere was friendly, seating outside was nice therefore the all around experience was very good.

I recommend this restaurant if you are visiting the Luxembourg Gardens or just happen to be in the area~

If you don’t understand the menu! Just ask ~

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 10, 2018

On my first day in Paris, I was jet lagged and only felt like eating a healthy vegetable soup. The menu in front of this restaurant shows "Mama's Soup" and "Chaud". It sounded like the perfect soup. Wrong! After an initial taste of the soup, I could not eat more. Terrible taste. I do concede that is was "chaud". The soup was micro-waved! The menu suggesting that the soup is a healthy, old world soup -a la MAMA- is misleading. The inhospitable Manager suggested the soup is micro-waved because its impossible to serve many people from a pot. There were 5 other customers in the restaurant, when I was there. No apology was offered from the indifferent Manager; the soup cost 10 Euros. I paid and left. Upon reflection, I felt the restaurant owed me five Euros (which I felt was a fair and reasonable compromise) if not 10 Euros. It was a matter of principle re: false advertising. The next day, I spoke to the Manager who said he would send a message to the owner; after 3 days, no reply. My conclusion about this experience is this: "Tourists be damned; let them eat micro-waved Mama's soup!" (I must give credit to Marie Antoinette for my last comment). Choose your restaurant wisely; there are many alternatives in the area. Don't let this restaurant give you a disappointing experience; you deserve better than the attitude of this restaurant which is reflected in its notion of a "Mama's" soup.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Very nice place with good Italian cuisine for good prices. I especially recommend the Pesto-chèvre Lasagna and the Parmigiana di Melanzane with some wine.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I had the bolognese pastas with burrata add on. It was outstanding and I will be back again for sure with my friends. The cook is perfectly al dente. And bonus on the service which is friendly and respectful at the same time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Nothing great, nothing bad. Service was good but food, beer and wine were adequate. Not a 10000 out of 15000 thousand place, it’s better than that, so use if nearby but don’t make a special trip.

Date of visit: November 2017