“Surprisingly Good Food!”
Review of Au Royal Couscous

Au Royal Couscous
Reserve with
Au Royal Couscous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,925 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We are visiting Paris during the holidays and walked up from our hotel in the Republic area one night planning to go to another italian restaurant that turned out to be closed for the holidays. We were about to call it a night because we got stuck in the rain and were about to eat at yet another brasserie/cafe near our hotel, when we luckily stumbled upon this restaurant. My husband ordered the lamb chops and couscous and I ordered the meatballs with couscous, both of which were delicious. It came with this fresh vegetable stew (reminded me of homemade minestrone) that you poured over the couscous and your meat. It was a very unique way to eat and serve couscous, one that I hadn't seen before. We ended with a banana split dessert which was very tasty. Overall, while neither the service or ambience were anything special, the food was wonderful and the pricing was reasonable (for Paris).

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I first came to this restaurant in 1998 with my beloved parents. Back then the Micheline red guide was the one to follow.This restaurant was on the list. After 15 years I went back and the place has not change in terms of food and decor. The thing to order is couscous royal with its large variety of meets, a lovely and healthy vegetable broth and of course the couscous, here perfectly prepared, nice and fluffy as it should be.
The price just under 20 euro per person.
My only reservations is that on the menu you read " portions are individual" and they are enormous. So three people should order two but I do not know if for two people they let you order one.
Great place in any event worth a visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Tagine was okey and portions were sizable but the couscousc was not the best we had. That, together with a service that leaves much to be desired gives a dissapointing total impression.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Can't remember the exact time we rolled into the restaurant - think it was about 11.30pm, but we were greeted with a smile and shown to a table nonetheless.

Food wholesome and not overly expensive.

1  Thank DavidNewman69
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had just spent 7 hours on train travelling from Toulouse were tired and hungry. This was a wonderful meal. Generous portion, caring service, not ptretentious. I had a meat tagine with lovely prunes and veg in it, my partner had the veggie one, a real wide range of veg and we both had perfect coscous.

1  Thank ruthlet60