“Great place to eat if you can find an open table”
Review of L'Eclair

L'Eclair
Ranked #49 of 231 Coffee & Tea in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed just around the corner from Rue Cler and ate at most of the cafes but this one was the best. its unfortunate to be eating a burger when in France but it was exeptionally good. We really enjoyed having 'Tony's pitcher' and reccomend you try it too. Teh food was great quality and the service was quite attentive. We loved this place....

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

What I mean by that is that Rue Cler features some really slick bars. And that might be your scene. I prefer the bar that has a great fashionable selection of drinks and cocktails. We were there only for drinks. Our friends ordered food for the table (an amazing sausage). And our experience was great.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I opted out of the standard hotel breakfast in favour of some local colour. This unpretentious bar/restaurant near our hotel in 7th ar. offered a flexible petite dejeuner, and we went for the full deal of fresh pressed orange juice, eggs scrambled to order and the usual array of croissants and toast with coffee. All for around 10 euro each. What more can you ask for to start the day! Oh, and they were friendly, tolerated my bad French, and were happy for us to watch the local colour for as long as we wished (which wasn't long as there is so much to see and do in Paris).

1  Thank Petercorn
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I know, really, am I joking? Absolutely not! This is one of the cozyiest, friendliest staffed places I've sat in in Paris and too boot, the bacon burger I ordered came out like a picture on a platter. I had been to L'Eclair to meet up with one of my girlfriends who lives in the neighborhood and she couldn't stop raving about how good this little café was. So we went and had lunch there. As I sat there with her eating my lunch salad I couldn't help but stare at the burger that the guy next to me was having. So right there and then, I swore that I was going to come back and have one of those burgers. I had my chance when my cousin came into town. It was a Thursday night, we had just descended the Eiffel Tower, and we realized that we were really hungry. And then it came to me...could it, would it be open. We walked the 10 minutes or so from the Eiffel Tower and were so excited that it was still open at 10:30 at night. We both ordered burgers and fries and he was so content to have his beer. We looked down at our burgers and imagined the big mouthful we would have on our first bite. It didn't disappoint.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is in my university's neighborhood, it's a relatively new place. I love coming here to relax and have a drink. The service is friendly, and the location is great. Most definitely try the Tony's Pitcher - - it's a bit pricey but oh so delicious! Also, the food is quite nice, but I would avoid the salads. They simply aren't worth the price.

1  Thank wrldtraveller770