“a super fun day, with places and unforgettable moments in Paris, captured in amazing photographs”

Paris Tours Photo & Portraits
Book In Advance
More Info
$227.67*
and up
Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in Central Paris
Ranked #133 of 533 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: PHOTO OR VIDEO TOURS IN PARIS: With these tours you can enjoy two different services at the same time. A full guiding service of the places and the monuments we visit as well as a professional photo tutorial that will help you to shoot astonishing pictures on the spots. PORTRAITS OF YOU IN PARIS: Hire your professional photographer to capture the unique moments of your trip and create for you an unforgettable photo artistic album.
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We found the best professional ever for our photo tour experience in Paris. Ari does his work with care and passion, he knows the best places to make photographs and worries about make them to be perfect. You just have to be in the mood for take a walk arround the city of love and have fun while Ari makes great memories to take home with you. On our anniversary, my husband and I traveled to Paris. I always wanted to get married there, but was not possible. So this time I packed my dress and the day of the photo tour I wore it and made a dream come almost completely true! Jajajaja, seriously I recomend it 1000% don't hesitate

Visited December 2013

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Memories made forever!!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from out trip to Paris. I could not have been more pleased with what Ari has done for us........ I have read about Photo Tours on Tripadvisor, and seeing I am always the one behind the lense, I have decided to contact Ari and book a Photo Tour. At first my husband was totally against the idea, as he does not like being photographed . But once we met Ari, we got on so well, and Ari was so accomodating. He has taken us to see things we would otherwise not have experienced, and gave us inside info on everything we saw - it added such a personal touch to our Paris experience!! He is a total perfectionist and he was never rushed to get the pictured over and done with. He created the most romantic settings, and people asked if we a newly engaged (and we are married 14 years already) Our photographs are absolutely unbelievable, and must be the most valueble treasure we brought back from Paris. And to add to this, it's taken Ari less than a day to edit our pictures and have them sent to us!!! I am so pleased with the outcome of the pictures, and forever gratefull for getting this done!! Thank you, Ari, You are the BEST!!! An absolute must if you are planning a Romantic getaway to PARIS!!

Visited September 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST tour guide we've ever hired: envisioned as our only trip to Paris-EVER-but MUST return for another booking with Ari”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ari is hands-down, bar none, far and away the most knowledgable, skilled, adaptable, generous, sensitive, and just outrightly extraordinary photographer and tour guide I've ever met!!! My daughter and I were blown away with his giftedness and knowledge of photography, eagerness to please, capacity for handling the unexpected with extreme grace and skill, passion for his art form, consideration of our needs at every single moment, helpfulness with regard to the chaos that we (and the weather) brought to the experience, and everything else he did. We were touched by the extremely polite, considerate manners that he displayed without exception. He took this challenge on as if it was more important to him than to us and in such a way that we felt that this was the most important thing he could be doing at every single moment of the very challenging evening together. But let's take things from the beginning:

My daughter and I had a last-minute need to be in Paris for another engagement. We had only Saturday night to attempt to document our time there. I am a hobby photographer, who's taken to shooting photos of my daughter wherever we manage to be-- usually as a result of similar necessity and/or an occasional vacation. Ironically, I've done the photographing of my child in reverse chronology, compared to the conventional approach parents take to photographing their kids. I took very few photos of her when she was young, but gradually have taken more and more photos of her as she has grown older. This is mostly due to the fact that my interest in hobby photography grew alongside of her interest in ballet.

She is now 21 and a professional ballet dancer, so my interest has developed into taking her photos in ballet costumes in beautiful places. However, I am not trained in photography and always long for good hands-on help when spending so much time, money, and energy traveling to photogenic locations. Therefore, I have hired tour guides who specialize in photography whenever and wherever I can. They have all been excellent. HOWEVER:

We booked Ari for the only time we had-- we hopped off the train to meet him at the hotel, and all 3 of us quickly went out the door as the sun had just gone down. Ari was extremely helpful in setting up the booking and enhanced our ideas with even more beautiful thoughts (without supplanting anything we wished for). Everything he added to the mix ideally complimented our every wish and beyond. In contemplating various tour guides in Paris, we found that some will leave out the Eiffel tower if you are interested in doing certain other sites. But Ari makes it feel easy to navigate Paris and to go to sites that other guides consider mutually exclusive from a tour that includes the tower. Before even meeting him in person, we knew that the other reviewers here have described him perfectly!

Immediately upon arriving at our chosen first stop for photos, the Eiffel tower, which was a quick walk from our hotel, the rain and wind began. Unintimidated by the cold, dark, and impossible wind and rain, Ari set up all of the equipment just in time for the lights to go on-- seconds later, the top of the hour sparkly lights lit up as well!!! I was in awe that he didn't want to give up-- and thank goodness, because we emerged with exquisite images beyond our greatest hope and expectation. Night photography is very difficult, but night photography with wind and heavy rain is something that many photographers won't even consider. But due to the fact we couldn't do the session neither another time nor another day as we were leaving the next day, we agreed on keep on working under the increasing rain! All three of us were painfully cold and wet by the end of the several hours we spent on the shoot.

My daughter was not in her element that night either. By her nature, she is a very gentle, somewhat introverted, polite, and thoughtful type of person. However, she becomes quite animated and bubbly when doing photoshoots. Due to the pain of the cold and some concerns she had about preserving her body against being sore or injured (her company has an upcoming premiere and would frown on a dancer getting injured due to a crazy outdoor photoshoot in the cold and driving rain), she was a bit reserved and nervous during most of the time. Ari, however, fully understood and had nothing but compliments for her. He was not at all put off by her quiet nature that evening. Instead, he fully demonstrated compassionate and sincere understanding. She was more than comfortable working with him as a result. I can not imagine someone making her more comfortable, given the situation... and this was all while he was absorbed in what he clearly has endless love for doing: photography.

He multi-tasked like I have never seen another person do, anywhere. While my brain went blank and froze during the whole experience-- thanks to the weather and all that there was to process mentally-- Ari, conversely, thought of everything at every moment: from helping with our miscellaneous accessories and things we were carrying rather clumsily and chaotically, to getting all of the equipment out and set up and covered by plastics and umbrellas, to considering how my daughter was holding up, to assuring that he had the right composition, to precisely getting the right camera settings, to suggesting great ideas to my daughter on some of the poses. His intuition and genius as a photographer and tour guide put me in awe. What a miraculous find for us, because I am convinced that this photoshoot would not have succeeded or even happened at all without him.

In response to the rain, there were some hilariously unforgettable memories, again thanks to Ari. Perhaps the most memorable was the event with the ticket kiosk. Due to the elements, my daughter, Sara, eventually had to concede that her body could not hold out for the remaining itinerary. The wind and rain had become more and more forceful; her pointe shoes, costumes, clothing, and coat were drenched despite our best efforts to protect them, while also assuring protection of the camera equipment. Therefore, rather than visiting the intended sites on our pre-arranged list, we asked Ari to allow us all to continue at the Eiffel tower for whatever bit of time we could squeeze out of Sara's dwindling endurance.

However, Sara was so cold that she needed to warm up a bit before we could do another location even at this site. Ari immediately decided to ask the man inside the glass ticket kiosk whether Sara could squeeze into the small booth to be warmed by his space heater. Amazingly, he allowed it. Once she started to warm up, her mind started working again and she remembered that she had very much wished to change out of her first outfit and into her classical ballet tutu. Glancing out of the kiosk, she saw that there was nowhere in sight for such a change and the menacing heavy downpour was discouraging.

There was only one option: so I crunched into the small glass kiosk with the ticket agent and Sara and managed to hide her from everyone's view by use of only a hotel bathrobe that we brought with us, while she managed to make the chance into her tutu. Everything took quite some time because she was so wet that all articles of clothing wanted to stick to her body and not slide off or on. But this tutu was very important to the photographic concept. The warmth of the small space heater inside the kiosk make all the difference, and we eventually managed to finish the discreet change inside a small transparent glass kiosk where tickets to the Eiffel tower carousel are sold by the agent who let us in! This change of costuming would not have happened at all if Ari hadn't gotten us into the kiosk to begin with-- a wonderfully unique memory to look back at with much laughter! :)

By the time we had emerged from the kiosk, Ari had all of the equipment set up at this new location between the tower and the carousel. The rain decided to behave in even greater opposition, however, by pouring down even more intensively. Ari sensed that my brain had hit a wall -- its saturation point (figuratively and nearly literally, haha). I had no capacity left for learning about shooting photos. So he took over the camera, in order assure that Sara would have professional shots as well as "mom-learning" shots as an outcome of this entire experience--- which is exactly what resulted.

I have only randomly gone through a small percent of the shots that were taken between the two of us. The ones I post with this review are but a random sample of the magical results Ari was able to create despite it all. In the end, I wouldn't have had it any other way. So long as Ari is there, the results will be beautiful no matter what else might go wrong! After this experience, I have utter confidence in him for any photoshoot whatsoever. He is the most professional professional I've ever hired for such an experience.

Paris is beautiful, even in the heavy rain, wind, and cold; but we did not envision returning to a place we've already been, even if just for a day or two, because there is so much more of the world to see. Our experience with Ari changed that with regard to Paris. It's not that we might go back; it's that we MUST go back to do another booking with Ari. And it's not because we didn't get what we wanted: we got more than we wanted. It's because-- since he's this amazing when everything surrounding the experience goes wrong and is entirely uncooperative--- it's just too tempting to find out how great an experience it will be to hire him again when everything else could be behaving!

We had an absolutely delightfully fun time despite it all, and it's a rare person who can accomplish and inspire so much while laughing through bitterly cold rain for many hours, especially when the rain challenges that laughter with continual escalations. The 'icing on the cake' was--- as Ari related to me later in an email-- the rain stopped completely, merely a bit later that night.

The sincerity and determination of mission that Ari displayed just awe-inspiring. He is a most gentle, thoughtful, and talented type of person. I recommend him to anyone and everyone seeking any sort of tour guide or photography assistance in Paris! I can not imagine going to Paris without a booking with Ari.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Michelene-Sara-3dogs
San Francisco, California
“great tour”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Paris is beautiful, and Ari really got us to see the best of it in his gentle and very professional way. Not only he really helped us getting beautyful images, but he's also a beautiful person, and that really was a plus in this tour.

Visited February 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a must do in Paris!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Women: You are probably the one's hiring a photographer... Ari is a passionate professorial who wants to create beautiful works of art featuring you! He has a background in directing as well as photography; so like a true diva go into the experience with your desires or put yourself into his hands and let him work his magic. He can do fancy stuff, or as we appreciated, he loved doing down to earth stuff.

Guys: Let's face it, this wasn't your idea... Ari is a cool dude to spend a couple hours with. He'll give you some insight on the sights you are snapping photos in front of, will shoot you strait if things are getting over the top. I honestly enjoyed spending the afternoon with him and my girl.

As I reference in the comments to the ladies, he is an artist, which means flexible and fun. He isn't out to make this some stuffy experience. Come with a good attitude and your own ideas of what you want and you'll be surprised by how much fun you have! We did the portraits but I'm certain the photo tours are great too. Ari took us to sections of the city we would not have seen if we didn't spend and afternoon with him. Our pictures are the perfect souvenir of a memorable trip to Paris. Feel free to message me with any questions. I would give him 6 stars if I could.

Visited February 2013