“Best veggie burger place ever!”
Review of East Side Burgers

East Side Burgers
Ranked #892 of 18,130 Restaurants in Paris
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Found this place as it was around the corner from our hotel. Love the concept of a pure veggie / vegan burger and hotdog takeaway - and it didn't disappoint! We both had the Bask burger - my husband had veggie and I had vegan, and we shared some fries. Absolutely delicious! An amazing little place, and great to see it so busy.

1  Thank princess796

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is the 2nd best veggie burger that I've ever had (the first being a tofu fergburger in NZ) - I just wish that there was one of these in London.

Burgers were delicious (I had a Basque whilst my bf had a Fromager) and the fries were freshly cooked and crispy.

(Note: that the Trip Advisor City Guide app for Paris plots this at the wrong end of the road so check the address)

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I really enjoyed East Side Burgers. As a vegetarian I went out of my way to eat there because finding veg-friendly food in Paris isn't the easiest thing to do. I'm glad I did! Their menu is full of vegetarian burgers and hot dogs and I'm pretty sure they could even do anything vegan with vegan cheese even. I got a burger, fries, and some beer that was made with absinthe. All were great! And the people working there were super friendly and spoke English. They have free wifi too, which is nice. Great experience overall and I would love to go back there!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife is 50 today, and we like to do things differently. So I thought...why not come here? We were so glad we did. Right from the moment we walked in, I knew a 5 star review would be written. The staff are lovely and welcoming. The chap we spoke to spoke excellent English and patiently let me try to order in French! I did ok ;-)

I said it was my wife's 50th and had seen them on Trip Advisor. He was most surprised that 2 meat eaters had chosen a vegetarian restaurant, but we said we like to try different things. I had the Basque burger and my wife had the Fromager burger. We had fries (sadly no coleslaw left but it was getting late in the day) and a side order of the croquettes. It was all superb :-)

I came back upstairs to order a dessert and was very kindly offered the loan of a candle and lighter to put in the cheesecake I'd ordered. Gestures like this are very special and thoughtful. I took the cheesecake back downstairs, sang to my wife and the other guests joined in.

So all in all, a very special day.

Next time we come to Paris (this was our first visit), we will be here a lot more. Sadly we are going home tomorrow so this will be our only visit on this trip.

Thank you everyone for a unique, special experience. Good luck with the business for the future!

Jonathan & Sally xx

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I really appreciated eating at East side Burger. We came for lunch with colleagues.
the staff was very kind, the burger (a "forestier") was very tasty, moist, the homemade french fries were crispy , not greasy.

I would have loved trying the cheesecake which seems to be very good, but I've eated enough !

I recommand this restaurant !

the bonus : great music !