“Phat pho”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This modest resraurant [a hole iin the wallo, to some] serves up delicious pho. For 28 euros, we had steamed dumplings, two large ohos and two Saigon beers - puts the 7th's Table du Vietnam to shame, at least, for quality of food.

There are newer reviews for Au Bon Pho

Reviewed October 20, 2013

One of the best pho in Paris - they may have other dishes but I didn't go beyond a pot of delicious and freshly prepared Pho soup - at par with what you can try in Saigon and Hanoi, with pasta and beef slices in a tasty bouillon. Best spent 7.5 eur ever.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Increasingly, I revisit restaurants when I am hankering for a particular dish, in Paris it's Le Relais D'entrecote for steak and chips, Sanki for TORO and Autour du Yangtse for spectacular Shanghai soup dumplings. You get the idea - Great Pho spots are few in Paris and the good ones attract huge lines of raving lunatics prepared to wait for up to an hour to eat a humble bowl of poor man's noodles and broth. Why; perhaps the answer lies in the bones that simmer with cloves, cinnamon bark, and ginger - sure that's it! This is one of the top three Pho's in Paris. Only the Palanquin on place Boulnois trumps this place for taste. As the bowl is set before you, one can be forgiven for believing there is a medicinal benefit to this effort, the fragrant steam rises and the perfume of this stock whacks you over the head like the first hit from a bong! The beef is red raw and then quickly becomes pink, the onion, mint and sprouts makes each bite interesting, the noodles leave traces on your shirt as napkins are impotent. You raise your head and you realise that the whole joint is noisily slurping at the pho trough of happiness. THIS IS YUM TOWN. Happy food.. The Bo Bun here is workers fare, everything you need to nourish oneself in a bowl, a one stop shop, rice stick noodles, pungent sauce, greens, mint, lemon juice, sprouts and a give me just one more NEM (but they won't) as they call fried spring rolls in these parts. I'd line up every time for the Pho but not for the Bo Bun. This is socialist dining domain, a tiny spot and please note that you are either eating next to someone you don't know or in front of them. I counted 18 covers, it is open from 11 to 16 Mon - Saturday, no credit cards, no cheques, cash only. Remember if you come after 12.15 or before 14.15 you are guaranteed a line, a line with a reward for those who are prepared to wait!

5  Thank Monaco377
Reviewed July 13, 2013

On our first night in Paris, feeling icky and jetlagged, my daughter and I walked up this little street which was around the corner from our hotel. After reading the menus and peeking through various windows we decided to give this restaurant a try. Wow! I had the pho and my daughter had the curry chicken and they were both amazing. So good in fact that we returned to this restaurant a few nights later with my husband and son.

Both nights the food was amazingly good and just what we needed. Both nights the staff were so helpful and friendly. But that first night was one I will never forget as I found myself, a jetlagged English speaking Canadian, attempting to speak French in a Parisian Vietnamese Restaurant.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We are staying in an apartment in the area and decided to walk a couple of blocks to this adorable restaurant. The owner could not have been nicer, and explained the menu to us. We ordered mostly appetizers (spring rolls, summer rolls, dumplings that I will dream about for months), and I ordered Pad Thai....normally a Thai dish, obviously, but he said that they cook dishes from Laos, Vietnam and Thailand. There's a nice feeling in this place, very homey and comfortable. We really enjoyed our experience there.