Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $114.45
from $183.81
from $126.01
1,452 results
All reviews cooking class market visit macaron class croissants macaroons french cooking coq au vin cooking techniques highly recommend le cooking experience salmon tartare wine and cheese pairing making macarons lunch class peach melba three course meal croissant making class
Reviewed yesterday

The instructor that we had for our class was a lot of fun, it was easy to tell that she had made macarons frequently and made the process easy to understand. We made one flavor per group, we had our full class split into three pairs so we had three flavors that we shared at the end. It was fun to meet some people that we never would have otherwise as well. We have made macarons a few times since coming home and had splendid results. At first I thought the price for the class was a little steep, but it was money well spent and a highlight of our trip. I would suggest booking the class on or near the time you will be going home so that you can bring some macarons home to share, or to eat for yourself because they are so tasty!

Reviewed yesterday

My sister and I took the macaron making class and had an absolute blast! There were 5 other people and there was plenty of room and plenty for everyone to do. We worked in pairs, and each created a different color shell and flavor of filling -- chocolate ganache, vanilla cream, pistachio cream, and raspberry. The very French instructor was exactly what you would picture -- capable and direct with a dry sense of humor. Not unfriendly, but not warm and snuggly either, LOL. We both enjoyed working with her, and felt like she gave good instruction. One of the other students struggled, but I don't think she had much cooking/baking experience, and had trouble following some of the most basic directions. That said, macarons are challenging! So go in with a good attitude, looking for fun and delicious treats, and you'll have a wonderful time. Some of our classes turned out prettier than others, but they all tasted amazing. ;-)

Bonjour jessicagobrightly,

I am happy to read you had an absolute blast, as it might have been only three stars if you just had a blast and two stars if it had only been great. Sorry, that was my dry sense of humor ;-)

While I am not sure about giving comments about other participants in a review of your class, I am glad you thought your instructor gave good instruction ... that is probably the reason why your macarons (I think this is what you meant when you wrote 'classes') all tasted amazing.

Wonderful, merci

Reviewed 2 days ago

One thing’s for sure, we’ll never again visit Paris without a cooking or baking class at Le Foodist!The venue is as wonderful as our hosts and instructors. Our class of 7 learned how to make stunning and delicious multi-colored Macarons, while at the same time making new likeminded friends! Best.Time.Ever.

Date of experience: October 2018

Bonjour foodycutie,

this is so so nice to read; we can't wait for you to come back to Paris now that we know you will always come back and visit :-)

Thank you.so.much!

Reviewed 2 days ago

enjoyable experience whilst in Paris. Hands on learning new French cooking techniques. Well organised and a delicious meal to finish the day

Date of experience: October 2018

Bonjour Sunshine,

enjoyable review, thank you.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I had a lovely 6 hour class (market visit + cooking class) in Paris with our chef, Freddie!! I was visiting Paris for the second time with a friend, but chose to enroll in this cooking class alone. Ironically all of the guests were from New York (as am I), so I left with a group of new friends after an amazing 6 hours of cooking! The meal was absolutely delicious and our chef, Freddie, was a joy to work with! I highly recommend Le Foodist.

Bonjour Emknauer,

actually it is not the first time people create friendships in one of our classes - which does make sense, as it attracts somewhat like minded people who care about food and believe food is the best way to discover culture when you travel. And I am glad you enjoyed your cooking experience and your food so much.

Merci beaucoup for the high recommendation!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Chef Fred is as entertaining as he is accomplished in the kitchen. We did the three-course lunch, including market visit on a rainy November morning. We were first greeted with warm coffee and a quick intro to our fellow participants. Then an overview of what to expect for the day, including a warning that we’d be stuffed by the time we were done. And that was very true. The market visit included several stops, first to the seafood merchant for fresh mussels, and then to various sellers at the open air market a few blocks away. Chef Fred have us the option of following him or exploring on our own. Educational either way. Back at the school, we began our cooking experience. We appreciated that not everyone had to perform every action with every dish. Instead we each had assignments for certain courses, but were able to observe each technique being taught. We ended up with more than three courses because Chef Fred including a fresh cheese flight, educating us in the types of cheeses made in certain regions of France. Each course was accompanied by an appropriate wine pairing, and all the students had a great time. Needed a long nap afterward. Highly recommended.

Bonjour Barrister41,

I am glad you enjoyed your experience with your Chef Fred (aka Frédéric) in November. Indeed by the end of the meal, we have never had anybody leave hungry :-) And we like to divide and conquer in the ktichen, while making sure everybody gets to see all the critical steps of the cooking parts of the meal (as opposed to prep). And I am glad you enjoyed your experience with Cheese as well. Something we usually include only in our Market Visit - but sometimes when it is raining outside, we bring it indoors ;-)

Many many thanks for the high recommendation
(the other) Fred