“Original but improvement needs on the staff”
Review of Ikra - CLOSED

Ikra
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: Ikra is a Zakouskis bar ("tapas" in Russian) that serves continuously from noon to 23h. The idea of Hagop Markarian, former director in one of restaurants of Cyril Lignac and familiar of the Russian and Armenian culture, is to democratize the Russian gastronomy to make it more fun and accessible to all.
Reviewed February 1, 2016

With the reservation, we were very pleased to taste a new kind of brunch. To order was very long whereas the diner room was not full. The piano player was kind but she played too loud. As a result, it was difficult to keep on the conversation. The waitress is willing but overtakes by the events. She has forgottent to bring hot beverageds at the same time of the plates. I ordered a black coffee, I was expecting a black american coffee in a mug. Instead of that, she brought an expresso. Juices were home-made. What reblochon cheese has to do with Russia? On the other hand, salmon was great and tasty? Finally, some of the exceptations were not covered. There is potential.

IKRA R, Gérant at Ikra, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Dear customer, we thank you for the time you gave for sharing your opinion with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the food.

Regarding the service, have a good service is very important for us. We are, therefore, sorry to know that there have been forgetting and consequently a rather long wait time. We assure you that we will ensure that it never happens again.

We hope that despite these annoyances, you will give us another chance and that we welcome you very soon at the restaurant,

Reviewed January 30, 2016 via mobile

Very simple restaurant but Great Food, good life piano music and the Service is very friendly! My favorite was Pelmenis and the Chouba of course!!! ;0) come in and find out...

IKRA R, Gérant at Ikra, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

We are delighted that you enjoyed the food, live music and service.

We hope that we welcome you very soon at the restaurant,

Reviewed November 21, 2015

All I can say is that the food is wonderful but the service lacks in many senses.
No other language was spoken other than some french or russian (which wasn't that big of a deal) but I asked for a strógonoff that they only brought out when they came back to our table and asked me again after >>40 minutes<< of ordering it if I had ordered anything, since they had forgotten. We had dessert and coffee for 6, and they also forgot about the coffee.
Pity because the place is nicely located and the cooking is great, so I'll still recommend it for the food experience.

IKRA R, Gérant at Ikra, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

We are delighted that you enjoyed the food.

Reviewed July 18, 2015

I enjoyed a romantic dinner in this russian restaurant with of course russian music and serenade. Food was very good, vodka was a must and I recommand the Kiev style chicken together with the cucumber and yoghurt soup. Nice place to have a drink or eat. Not so pricey and meal for value.

Reviewed July 3, 2015

Waited over an hour for meals to arrive. My meal was not great, however my husband enjoyed his vegetarian dish. Service provided not the most friendly. But great musical entertainment.