“Best meal we have had in Paris”
Review of Atelier Rodier - CLOSED

Atelier Rodier
Cuisines: Diner, French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: L'Atelier Rodier, The tables combine conviviality, celebration, and the simplicity of a warm service. A cuisine inspired by fresh quality products from here and elsewhere. Our ambition is to give pleasure to our guests with our culinary inspirations that change with the seasons and the market, while preserving good value for money. At the Atelier Rodier, the products used are of biological origin.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

... And I'm not even sure what it all was.

This tiny restaurant (read reservations are recommended) with a small staff made the most amazing evening.

Sophisticated ingredients and flavors were blended together in ways I can't imagine - I had both duck and fish that were superb. And I typically don't like either.

It is definitely pricey (3 people, apps+entrees+shared dessert and a bottle of wine was 140 euro) - but my family agreed it was well worth it.

The duck and the chocolate souffle desert were our favorites. Plus, the wait staff and chef held the door and shook our hands as we left.

Classy, delicious, and sophisticated but not snobby.

1  Thank mojo95630

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This restaurant was just around the corner from our hotel so it was a chance finding. We knocked on the door to make a reservation at 5 and there was a focussed air of work in preparation in the kitchen just behind the restaurant. All was very friendly and unassuming. When we arrived later to eat we were enchanted with the experience. A small menu which is changed every ten days provides freshest ingredients of seasonal fare, presented imaginatively and beautifully. The team are young and very committed. The prices were very reasonable. The food is exceptional. A definite must if you are in this area

1  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Of all 14 + restaurants that my husband and I dined at during our week's stay in Paris L'Atelier Rodier was far and away our favorite!

The service was impeccable, the chef checked on us repeatedly and made our experience in his restaurant absolutely superb, and the all French clientele was then final testament of this neighborhood gem and inspired chef!

After nearly 4 hours of culinary bliss, my husband and I left L'Atelier Rodier happy, completely satisfied, and on a food-high.

I hugged the chef as we exited. J'aime Santiago de chef de cuisine ! Merveilleux !

3  Thank Andrene_R_Dz
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We knew Atelier Rodier would be amazing from the moment we popped in to make a reservation -- the smells coming from the kitchen were amazing. And the food more than lived up our expectations. Beautifully presented, gorgeously fresh and perfectly cooked. The menu and wine list are pared down to provide just enough choice and to reassure you that everything is fresh and carefully chosen. The service was incredibly friendly and the atmosphere great. And the prices! It would have been a bargain at twice the cost.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited this restaurant two out of three nights while we were in Paris. The food was delicious and beautifully presented.

The staff were so friendly and made you feel really special. The owners made sure they said goodbye to every customer even if they were really busy in the kitchen.

Both nights we visited this restaurant it was fully booked (I think it did two sittings) Definitely best to book as it's fairly small.

Loved the chestnut soup amuse bouche, and the surprise pre-dessert :)

We each had a starter, main, dessert, bottle of wine (to share) & water for just over 100euros

Would love to go back to try more of their lovely food!