“Not bad in a pinch...lame service”
Review of Le Petit Marius

Le Petit Marius
Reserve with
Le Petit Marius is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13,130 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were looking for something casual near our hotel and randomly chose this place. There were a lot of tables available, yet the manager chose to accommodate 2 parties that arrived after us (a 3 and a 4) before we were seated. Both of those parties were French, so not sure if he wanted to fill more seats before us or reduced our priority since we are not French, but either way I did not care for that. We both had a fish soup that was sort of like a bouillabaisse with nothing in it, that was decent and fit the bill for a cold night. We then had different fish dishes, both decent and ordinary. You can do better in Paris. The staff seemed a bit grumpy except for the manager (owner?). The staff seemed rather overwhelmed.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a lovely, casual New Years night dinner at Le Petit Marius, recommended to us by a hotel concierge. The bread and it's rillette accompiement was lovely, as was our Marius salad. I had the sea bass and my husbands the cod, and we both were delighted with our choices. We enjoyed our food and wine; the service was friendly but not overbearing and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We much prefer seafood, especially when it's done right, and it is here. We definitely will return when next we are in Paris. . . . .

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The bistrot is right aside of Marius et Janette at Avenue Georges V. The fish is good but you do not have many choices. Decoration is simple and outside tables are on the sidewalk without any protection of fence.

3  Thank OASette
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love travel, love restaurants and good food and wine and very seldom find a restaurant that I struggle to say at least something good about (check out my reviews - I am not slow to praise when praise is due) but the Sunday evening that a friend and i went Bistro Marius (now perhaps more widely known as Le Petit Marius) was not great, in fact the food, wine, service and ambience all left a great deal to be desired.

I had the Sea Food selection whch, after the admittedly much more expensive, seafood selection the evening before at Le Wepler was very ordinary indeed. My friend chose steak which, again, was nothing special. Let me stress that the food was fresh and adequately cooked - just very, very ordinary.

The white wine was not cold enough and the red wine was chilled. Some may like wine this way but I wished they had asked us first.

I guess that was our fault because we have poor french and the waiter seemed not to speak english - he looked down his nose when we askes for fries - so we ended up with mashed potaoes which were greasy.

Paris was full and exciting - it was Pret a Porter week end and the day of the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamps - we were in a great mood having just popped into the exquisite bar at the Four Seasons Hotel Georges V just down the street for a drink but this place was half empty and miserable in atmosphere.

How did we end up there? It was a Sunday and they have online booking

1  Thank B G G G
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Also saw this referred to as Petit Marius. Enjoyed this reasonably priced seafood. A bit surprised that the appetizer dish my husband ordered, which was described in English as prawns, came out as whole, full-body shrimp, eyeballs to tail. Ugh. He was a real trooper and taught himself to break them open and use the little tool to pull out the meat. Main dishes were great. I had salmon, which I asked to be further cooked. The waiter graciously obliged although it was evident it pained him. I was given a totally new piece of fish, cooked through medium but moist. Perfect. Side of spinach was a bit bland but very fresh.