“Honest and reliable local bistrot”
Review of Cave La Bourgogne

Cave La Bourgogne
Ranked #1,646 of 19,411 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed July 13, 2018

I've been coming to this bistro for years due to the its honest and tasty meals.
The menu is creative without being absurd, the portions are good without being excessive and the ingredients are decent quality. Prices are reasonable and service efficient.
The decor is old fashioned and has the charm of neighbourhood bistros which is disappearing in a lot of areas.

My dinner here was exactly to the standard I expected, the salad complet was filling and tasty, as was my partner's chèvre chaud salad. The bill was good and we went home satisfied.

A special shout out to our waiter who managed the table next to us entirely in Spanish for the tourists who spoke neither English nor French.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We had the goat cheese toast salad which was outstanding and my husband had a ham, cheese and potato casserole that he said was fantastic and I had the duck that was crispy on the outsiide and tender on the inside - yum! We sat outside on a lovely Tuesday night and it was packed- it is that good!

Reviewed June 23, 2018

I've eaten at this small restaurant for twenty years. When I come to Paris, it is always one of my first stops for their great salad du chèvre. I always have great intentions to order something else, and I have occasionally, but the salad du chèvre is excellent. The Coq au Vin is excellent if it's available, as is the Beouf Bourgogne...
Many choices of wine, full bar available.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

First of all, the horrible review from Dave is not for this restaurant because this restaurant is NOT on Montmartre, so pay no attention to that!

The day we arrived in Paris we strolled rue Mouffetard looking for a dinner place. There was room for the three of us at an outside table and we had a delightful evening. The cassoulet was one of the best dishes I had during our stay in France. Also the muffalata salad was delicious!

Service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant sits on a square at the bottom of rue Mouffetard and is terrific for people watching. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Our culinary travel tour was looking for ANYTHING open on May 1 (French national holiday). We looked up and down Rue Mouffetard and everything was closed or closing. We came across Cave La Bourgogne and our group of 10 was very pleased. Food was great - duck confit especially - service was prompt and attentive, and for the large portions, the price was very reasonable. Epicurean Exchange Culinary Travel recommends!

Date of visit: May 2018