“The Beef Rendang is my favourite”
Review of d'jawa Montmartre

d'jawa Montmartre
Ranked #6,157 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: d'jawa is a new urban concept of modern indonesian streetfood in Paris.Delicious and authentic meals are served with fresh ingredients and exotic spices such as galangal, lemongrass, coconut milk, pandan leaves etc. to serve you indonesian classic treats: sauteed Nassi goreng, Satay skewers with peanut sauce, beef Rendang...When can we welcome you?
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great place to eat real home-cooked food, can get busy at lunch time, but the food is always worth the wait and the staff are friendly and quick. (Beef Rendang with noodles is better than with rice, but don't tell anyone!)

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Hi. D'jawa.....you are really nice and joly restaurent in loving paris. I am very much interested for your inbelievable menu like nassi goreng , boeuf randang, poulet opor, satay de poulet , mi goreng poulet, rica-rica....etc. after all not only for your unbelievable menu and also the hospitality of d'jawa team also incredible. I think all the taste of jawas item is in my heart because of I don't think boeuf randang without you. May you live long, may you sweety, may you cuty. I love you d'jawa, ilove you vey much......

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The food was disapointing, I was expectingmore exotic flavours. It seemed very very european. It is cheap, though. It's a cool idea and the staff are super nice and helpful.
I took chicken curry with coconut milk but it was a bit tasteles and quite dry. The dish of the day was better, but again, quite dry (it's a SOUP, it should definitely be more liquidy)...
I'mnot sure if I will come back there again or not, we tried 4 different things and no one was fully satisfied. I dont think it had much to do with Indonesian food.
But the service is quick and the price is OK.

It is however well overrated on tripadvisor, which mislead me.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The menu is not extensive and they are no longer open on Saturdays, but this place offers great-tasting food at a good price (7,50 euros/dish). The service is also friendly and the wait isn't long. Will definitely be going back to try out some of their other dishes!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Bearing in mind that most Asian food in France in not top rate, this little Indonesian-on-the-go place is a very welcome addition to the city. Small, brightly coloured, it offers 'boxes' of various noodle or rice dishes. We tried two vegetarian boxes, with tofu substituted for the meat. Though not exceptional, it was better than most other Asian style places I've been to in Paris. Nice to see an Indonesian place drawing a lot of custom. Will be back.